Talk

Advanced search

Airbnb voided booking because of lack of photo

(8 Posts)
rainandshine52 Tue 20-Aug-19 07:05:47

I was quite surprised this morning when an accommodation booking was voided and cancelled because I hadn't put a picture of myself on my profile. What's the point of that? How do they know any picture I supply is actually of me? And in what way does that help them? I think it's ridiculous they cancelled the booking due to that!

stucknoue Tue 20-Aug-19 07:45:36

If it's part of their t&c it's perfectly valid to void the booking. I suspect it's to ensure that you are not a banned person reregistered inba different name

SooticaTheWitchesCat Tue 20-Aug-19 13:01:22

It is one of their rules. You need to submit a photo or they will void the booking.

indisposed38 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:08:40

Yes I realise that now but I thought it was just an update your profile message not we will cancel the whole booking unless you do it! Seems odd. I could upload a complete strangers picture and they wouldn't have a clue!

indisposed38 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:25:24

Trying again and now it wants ID uploaded. Thinking of calling it a day with air bnb!

HelloClouds Tue 20-Aug-19 16:48:15

Airbnb allows owners to ask for as much ID as they want. Airbnb's basic requirements are for a confirmed phone number and the guest's email address (which is all we ask for). But owners can also insist on profile photos, Government-issued ID and good reviews from other hosts. Maybe the owner has had a bad experience and wants to be especially careful!

drivingtofrance Wed 21-Aug-19 21:41:21

I almost booked with Air BnB but then realised that to register I had to provide a copy of my passport/driving licence etc . I didn't want to do that so booked elsewhere.

PenguinsRabbits Mon 26-Aug-19 16:43:34

Last booking I made I got asked for my passport and my photo but said it would just go to Airbnb. Previously made three bookings fine so seemed odd but that one had lots of alpacas and kids really wanted it so sent it. Though have deactivated since as not overly keen on it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »