Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone been to Costa Caleta in fuerteventura?

(12 Posts)
redtoenails Sun 05-Aug-07 17:55:34

looking at this for July / august next year and wondered whether anybody had any opinions on it?

redtoenails Sun 05-Aug-07 19:30:52

can anyone recommend fuerteventura at all?

I went in January 2002, it was quiet, family friendly and not as over developed as some of the other Canaries - beaches are beautiful. the only downside is the heat in the summer and the fact that there is not a lot to do there.

redtoenails Sun 05-Aug-07 20:53:12

thanks monkey which resort did you stay at?

Costa caleta at the Castillo Apartments

redtoenails Mon 06-Aug-07 16:56:16

is that the castillo san jorg?

VeronicaMars Mon 06-Aug-07 17:12:38

We stayed in Corelego (SP)? and we loved it so we back again to the same apartments. Now I don't normally like apartments but with dd being 16 months at the time it was better than been tied to certain dinner and breakfast times like in a hotel. We stayed in Les Marimas apartments and I can highly recommend them. They were spotlessly clean and a really nice size. Loved the town as well and the harbour and eating out you were spoilt for choice. I loved it and I can't wait to go back.

MaloryTowersHasManners Mon 06-Aug-07 17:16:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thats the one!

Overtiredmum Mon 06-Aug-07 18:46:00

I came back from there about three weeks ago and loved it. DS just turned 2 and he loved it. We went to Benidorm in May and hated it, was like a mixture of Margate meets Eastbourne and Caleta de Fuste (Costa Caleta) was completely the opposite. Of course, it depends what you want, we needed relaxing and lovely beach and bars where you could just sit outside in the evening and watch the world go by and it was everything we hoped for. It feels more residential than a holiday resort. The beach is fantastic, DS had roughly the size of a football pitch to run around on and he loved that freedom. We were staying about 5 mins walk from El Castillo. All the restaurants were lovely, Tony Romas was nice, and theres a lovely Mexican and also a nice chinese in El Castillo shopping centre. God, I would live there tomorrow if I could and its the first place I have ever been to where I cried coming home, and I have been to some fantastic places all over the world. Definitely well worth the money, but definitely a family orientated place.

redtoenails Mon 06-Aug-07 21:36:02

thanks everyone - getting really excited now

redtoenails Mon 06-Aug-07 21:38:40

overtiredmum - what was the weather like? Thinking about the same time of year as you went and just wondering whether it might be a little too hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now