Talk

Advanced search

anyone done disneyland Paris(2 days) and a day trip to Paris?

(12 Posts)
rinol Thu 02-Aug-07 08:43:43

Just wanted to know what is the best/cheapest way to incorporate a trip to disneyland Paris and a day trip to see the Eiffel tower?Will be staying around disney via Eurostar.

Skribble Thu 02-Aug-07 23:26:19

You can get the RER train into the centre of paris. Once in Paris the Metro is great for getting around. Disneyland is on the Red A line.

You can get a 1 day Visite pass zones 1-6 include stations hear Paris on the RER and will get you all round Paris on the Metro or buses too, adult E17.05. You can buy them easily at the stations.

Transport website, has it in English.

pirategirl Thu 02-Aug-07 23:29:36

thanks for that link.

I am taking dd5 and my mother to d paris in oct, and we plan on having a day in Paris.

pirategirl Thu 02-Aug-07 23:31:16

so that pass you have mentioned, for 17 euros, is it for the return trip to and from DL paris, into Paris, AND like a Paris access all areas rolled into one?

Skribble Thu 02-Aug-07 23:37:27

Yes it is, we have used the zone 1-3 pass to get around Paris. When we went to disney we got a return ticket combined with par passes at the metro station as we already had the 5 day zone 1-3 passes and it worked out cheaper that way for us but if going for one day probably cheaper to get the zone 1-6 one day pass,

great for hopping on and off the metro as you don't have time to wander so much in one day, take a good metro map and it is easy enough to get around once you figure out to look for the name of the staion at the end of the line your station is on, the bigger stations have so many passgaways and choices but Ok once you have it sussed.

hullabaloo Thu 02-Aug-07 23:38:26

I've just come back from Paris and did exactly this. We stayed near Disney and travelled into Paris on the train. The Paris Visite card is great and works for the RER and the Metro you can get it for 1-3 days depending on how long you need it. With this card you can just hop on and off the metro and RER all day. Zones 1-6 will take you from the cebtre of Paris out to Disney or even to Charles de Gaulle airport if you are flying. We got a 3 day pass for the three of us (2 adults and one child) and it came to 90 euros or so. The only thing is you must use it on consecutive days but I guess if you only need it for one day that's not an issue. You will have a great time!

Skribble Thu 02-Aug-07 23:38:38

Visite info bit

Skribble Thu 02-Aug-07 23:41:34

There are the open top buses for getting around, but they can get packed and its nice to go into the cool of the metro for a while in the hot weather (or rain), plus they are a lot more expensive.

pirategirl Fri 03-Aug-07 10:01:24

hi thanks for all this info.

ok, so we are flying to Charles de gaulle on a monday, and obv need to purchase tickets to disney via the RER. We are plannig on going to Pris on the wednesday, so if we bought one of these tickets we couldnt use it to get back into Paris on the wednesday, for our sightseeing? as you said

^The only thing is you must use it on consecutive days ^

and if so we cannot use it for our return journey ( if we bought a 5 day one) to Charles de Gaulle on the friday???

i just want to get the cheapest deal really.

Skribble Fri 03-Aug-07 17:56:12

I'll let you do the sums .

pirategirl Sat 04-Aug-07 13:07:27

ok, i think what I am tryingot ask is this, the website says the passes are for consecutive days.

You said you must use it on consecutuive days, so its ok tho to get a five day one and only use it on day 1, 3 and 5??

Skribble Sat 04-Aug-07 21:58:09

Sorry , yes that would be OK, check it isn't cheap er to get one day ones though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now