Talk

Advanced search

Cyprus Early October

(12 Posts)
OneFootintheRave Fri 19-Jul-19 12:23:27

Anyone been? Will it still be warm enough to swim in the sea?

Any must sees? I'm interested in culture, history, walking and eating!

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Fri 19-Jul-19 12:24:56

Yes! I had my honeymoon second week of October there (several years ago!) And it was amazing, definitely warm though a touch chilly in the evening as you'd expect once sun goes down. I'd love to go back - have fun!

HomerDancing Sat 20-Jul-19 23:18:32

I am also going late sept/early Oct so watching this

OneFootintheRave Sun 21-Jul-19 07:28:22

From what I have read, the sea will still be warm and days sunny and around 24 degrees. Will need a sweater at night. Sounds perfect then.

MustDust Sun 21-Jul-19 07:31:20

Never needed a sweater in the evening in late October in Paphos, it's a gorgeous time of year. I don't go in the sea though so couldn't comment on how warm that would be.

Avocado0nToast Sun 21-Jul-19 07:43:23

I went last week of October last year and it was a pleasant temperature could sunbathe but not baking - could actually lie out in it! Pool was a little bit cold but not awful and as other posters said you needed a cardie at night. Would think a couple of weeks earlier would be even warmer!

Booboo66 Sun 21-Jul-19 10:08:39

Yes it will be warm enough to swim in the sea but possibly not the pool unless you are particularly brave. It's almost always lovely in early October but there is a risk of rain. Evenings will be chillier so take some light layers

ladyflower23 Sun 21-Jul-19 14:02:03

I also went last week of October last year and it was high 20s during the day. Could swim in the sea. Needed a cardigan at night.

zafferana Mon 22-Jul-19 09:13:23

I've swum in the sea in the last week of October at Latsi (on the northwest coast). It was lovely and warm and we had an amazing seafood feast at Y&P Fish Tavern afterwards.

Sights: Kato Pafos, Ancient Kourion, there's lovely walking in the mountains around Kakopetria, Omodos is a little hilltop village with nice restaurants and walking nearby, Limassol is nice for a wander and has a little castle in the centre.

Booboo66 Mon 22-Jul-19 10:15:36

Re must sees where are you staying? If it's the east of the island cape grecko is lovely and October is great weather to explore as it's less hot. You can also now cross the border in to the Turkish occupied area very close to the resorts and explore Famagusta, see the ghost town etc. If you are to drive further Kantara Castle and the Karpas Peninsula are breathtaking and unspoiled . If staying paphos area that would possibly be less doable.

ineedanotherholiday Mon 22-Jul-19 10:22:44

It was years ago now but I went to Cyprus in early October and it touched 40degrees a few times.

Never remember it being particularly cool, not even at night. Though it wasn't quite that heat all the time, thankfully!

OneFootintheRave Mon 22-Jul-19 23:42:18

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be staying with friends who have a place near Limassol. I will hire a car though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »