Talk

Advanced search

Holiday for teens

(7 Posts)
decentcoffee Thu 18-Jul-19 21:04:09

Hi, I would like to know what recommendations you might have for a holiday next summer with two teenage boys who will be 16 and 14?
After begrudgingly enjoying a trip to Normandy recently, they have told me they would like to meet some people their own age and try new things.
I have been scrolling through Croatia, Mark Warner, Nielsen. We do not have the budget for Sani or Ikos! I am not keen on a sailing holiday.
Are there any recommendations for what has worked well? We are familiar with Eurocamp and have done this a lot when they were small but I was keen to go to Croatia and stay at a lovely resort as I celebrate a milestone birthday next year!!!!
Any ideas?!!!!!

surreysnapper Fri 19-Jul-19 14:10:05

If you are looking for Croatia, maybe avoid any Tui Family Life resort as they tend to cater mainly for little ones, I'd say up to 10 yo. ((personal experience.. however the place we stayed in with them was absolutely spotless and very well run, so not a criticism of them in any way))

Croatia is gorgeous though and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

VirginiaCreeper Fri 19-Jul-19 17:00:16

A cruise? It suited us when DC were mine were teens as there is so much going on and they can have quite a lot of freedom. Then days on shore looking at interesting places. Many ships have areas and activities for teens and they soon meet others.

gotmychocolateimgood Fri 19-Jul-19 17:15:00

Center parcs in Belgium, France or Netherlands? They'll be able to do adult activities. Much cheaper than UK.

PenguinsRabbits Thu 25-Jul-19 18:40:45

Mine are a bit younger (13 and 12) but love things with activities like whitewater rafting, canyoning, ziplining, kayaking, wakeboarding, rock climbing and also seeing animals in the wild. Not been to Croatia but I tend to think of things we want to do find destination then plan it.

Never use this but something like this: www.croatiafamilyholidays.com/day-tours/

I would just do the day tours and book accommodation and car hire.

BubblesBuddy Sun 28-Jul-19 00:17:52

Families Worldwide has European destinations. Our DCs liked meeting families on this type of holiday and I think they do teen departures. They are reasonably priced and your teens won’t have to suss out the other teens. You travel together!

CurlyhairedAssassin Mon 05-Aug-19 14:06:52

We’ve just come back from a 5 star AI hotel in Costa Adeje with 2 teens (after being very apprehensive about doing so, we are usually independent self catering villa types).

Was fantastic. There is so much more to Tenerife than full English breakfasts and happy hour if you do your research. My two loved the trip up the volcano. (So did DH and me)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »