Talk

Advanced search

Ryanair - random seats but can we switch between us?

(10 Posts)
SummerintoAutumn Thu 18-Jul-19 09:43:05

Hi
We have 6 random seats... do we have to sit in our own allocated seat or can we switch between us?

Me and DH got middle seats whilst slimmer members of our party have aisle seats.

Thanks.

Beebeequeue Thu 18-Jul-19 09:47:03

I’m sure if you asked they would advise against but we’ve switched seats plenty of times to take over care of little ones etc. Would probably just make sure I was in allocated seat on take off and landing

KittenMittens1 Thu 18-Jul-19 09:49:50

literally just come back off holiday with them, we switched both ways.

on the way back I waited until take off when i Sure everyone was on the plain, then when the seat belt sign came on ran over and stole the empty extra leg room chairs haha. Cabin Crew never mind.

Dieu Thu 18-Jul-19 10:22:13

I've flown with them a few times recently, and don't think they'll bat an eyelid, so go for it! It honestly shouldn't be a problem xx

Dieu Thu 18-Jul-19 10:22:51

Eek, sorry about the random kisses. I thought I was texting for a second there!

Hadalifeonce Thu 18-Jul-19 10:45:50

Recently flew with RA, were allocated random seats outbound, 3 of us. Loads of empty rows could have swapped any time. On the return journey, the flight was full but lots of people were swapping to sit next to friends as they had random allocation.

Longdistance Thu 18-Jul-19 10:51:03

Between you you can swap, but you might not have much luck with other passengers. Depends how generous they’re feeling I suppose.

SmartPlay Thu 18-Jul-19 10:55:27

You can switch however you please. Not even between your own family members, but with anyone who is willig to switch.
They only give you random seats because that way they get more people to pay for choosing a seat. Cheap airlines make most of their money through charging for other services, that's why they can offer cheap flights.

newmomof1 Thu 18-Jul-19 11:32:55

I understand you're asking if you can switch between those 6 seats? Yes, if you have 6 seats booked it doesn't matter which of you sits in those 6 seats.

SummerintoAutumn Thu 18-Jul-19 12:53:27

Thanks... yes planning to use the 6 seats allocated but swap between us.

And thanks for the random kisses 😜

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »