Talk

Advanced search

Corsica, any cheap flights?

(9 Posts)
BigGlasses Sun 07-Jul-19 09:42:03

I would love to visit Corsica, but cannot find any cheap flights. It would be next summer and I know a lot of carriers won’t even have released flights yet but at the moment i’m struggling to even find who flys there to keep an eye on the flight prices! Ideally want only one stop and it would be Edinburgh/ Glasgow to anywhere in Corsica. Any one got any suggestions on routes or airlines?

Ithinkmycatisevil Sun 07-Jul-19 11:52:19

Air Corsica’s flights are cheap we paid £100 return each last year. Downside is they only fly from stanstead, which is a bit of a treck for us, but doable when we were saving about £500 as flights with easy jet from a local airport were more than twice the price.

buttermilkwaffles Sun 07-Jul-19 11:54:58

Cheapest way is probably a double hop from another French city, so eg fly Ryanair to Nantes or Beziers (train to Montpellier) spend a couple of days there and then fly from there to Corsica. Of course you would then have to do the same on the way back.

Volotea fly a few routes from French cities to Corsica for example and for as little as 9 euros one way when they have their sales on.

Sign up for Secret Flying email alerts and use Google Flights email alerts for price monitoring specific routes.

For flights direct from the UK I think you would have to get down to Manchester or London: www.corsica.co.uk/flights-to-corsica/ (BA, easyJet, Air Corsica, FlyBe).

Or look into ferry options, eg flight to Nice or Marseille, then ferry.

Swiftier Sun 07-Jul-19 13:52:59

Do you use skyscanner? I find that’s best for finding cheap flights. You can set up alerts too.

buttermilkwaffles Sun 07-Jul-19 15:15:25

Google Flights is better than Skyscanner, as the latter uses cached rather than live data, so prices can be up to 15 days out of date. I have also set up price alerts on both for the same flight and when the price dropped, the Skyscanner alert arrived over 24 hours after the Google flights one, by which time the price had gone back up again..

BigGlasses Sun 07-Jul-19 18:56:45

Some good suggestions, i’ll look into them, thanks.

I tried skyscanner but I was finding it difficult as I wanted to keep it vague ( any Scottish airport or even Newcastle) and any Corsican airport. And flexible on dates too. And skyscanner seemed to want specifics and was throwing out suggestions that included 23 hour long connections. And costing £500. But i’m not that familiar with skyscanner so maybe i’m Not using it right

BarbaraofSevillle Sun 14-Jul-19 11:26:15

I think Corsica is quite expensive when you get there, so saving the odd few quid on the flights could be outweighed by the cost of eating out etc.

But if you're set on going, also try Travel Republic as that is good for searching for a selection of UK airports to a single destination but it could be that the flights for next year are simply not on sale yet. The tip of going indirect via Paris or somewhere similar is a good one, and on TR, you can limit the flight time and take off and landing times to screen out long connections or arriving at 3 am or whatever.

mepan Sat 20-Jul-19 10:44:07

We flew to Bastia in corsica last year but could not get any flights from Scotland. Flew with Easyjet from Manchester. Its a beautiful island.

sansou Sat 20-Jul-19 19:23:12

On holiday in Corsica right now. EasyJet flights from Stansted to Bastia for 4 cost us £308 which included 2 x 23kg luggage bought last autumn. We’re finding it v.expensive to eat out this year mostly due to the almost parity of sterling/euro exchange rate. Just as well that we’re only here for the week and not two.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »