Talk

Advanced search

Estepona - Villacana - car hire & what to do

(9 Posts)
Backinatick Thu 04-Jul-19 10:50:38

Hi there. I’ve booked a week at Villacana in August for my family of 2 adults and 3 kids (ages 6,8 & 9). I actually booked it after some great mumsnet suggestions last year!
If anyone can recommend car hire from Malaga airport let me know?
Also looking for good cafes/restaurants and general things to do?
Can you rent sunbeds on the beach?
Thanks

Backinatick Thu 04-Jul-19 11:13:38

And a supermarket! X

funmummy48 Sun 07-Jul-19 07:18:26

It's about 13 years since I last visited so I'm sure lots has changed but yes, you could hire sunbeds on the beach. We took a trip to Puerto Banus to look at the amazing yachts and to eat at one of the restaurants on the beach. We went to the zoo at Fuengirola and up the mountain in the cable car at Benalmadena. If you go up in the evening, it's particularly pretty as it goes over Tivoli World which is all out up. Then there's Tivoli World itself which my 18 year old still talks about as being amazing. She was 5 when she went so it made a big impression.

SolitudeIsHighlyOverrated Sun 07-Jul-19 21:34:24

Car hire:
www.centauro.net/en/cheap-car-hire/spain/malaga-airport/

Suits all budgets. Have an option for those who don't want to leave a large credit card deposit. Have used them numerous times across Spain and Portugal and couldn't fault them - they gave us a free upgrade to a bigger car because we had to queue for longer than usual ( we had paid for their express check in and a member of staff was ill so they were short staffed ).

Backinatick Sun 07-Jul-19 22:09:36

Fantastic! Thank you. X

CanYouHearThePeopleSing Thu 11-Jul-19 08:17:50

We hired a car from Europcar in Malaga a few weeks ago. We always book through Holiday Autos (after checking the price vs booking direct). It was by far the cheapest of those that had a decent score for service. My friends (who go to Malaga a lot) rate Espacar.

You need to have your wits about you to find the car hire desks at the airport - as soon as you come through the luggage area, start looking for the signs. We went on quite a wild goose chase!

MrsCasares Thu 11-Jul-19 20:29:42

There is a really big Carrefour supermarket on the outskirts of Estepona. Very, very cheap wine. Loads of lovely cheeses.

Avoid gold car hire at Malaga Airport.

Estepona is lovely.

MrsCasares Thu 11-Jul-19 20:33:43

In Estepona there is a lovely restaurant/bar called Plan B. Lots of lovely chiringuitos on the beach.

Drive a few miles inland and there is a town called Casares. It’s a typical white andalusian village perched on a cliff.

nikolim1 Tue 08-Oct-19 11:46:32

Centauro rent-a-car that was mentioned is great, but the easiest option is probably to go here and compare all the prices and offers so that you can find the best one for your family.
I'm sure you'll have loads of fun!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »