Talk

Advanced search

Greece mid-October

(5 Posts)
jamiecooks Mon 01-Jul-19 09:27:52

Does anyone have any recommendations? Our baby will be 13 months by then. We’d like somewhere luxurious but not ridiculously expensive. We are real foodies. Thanks in advance!

BubblesBuddy Mon 01-Jul-19 14:09:46

The problem might be the foodie bit! Athens is the only place with Michelin recommended restaurants. Everywhere we have been in Greece and the Islands it has been very simple Greek food and utterly predictable! Tasty by and large but very traditional.

There are many great hotels and apartments but if you want to cut down flying and travelling time, look at the larger islands with direct flights from the UK. There are plenty of great choices on booking.com and I think the quality of apartments would attract me! Location is everything and you should look for towns with enough to keep you interested regarding restaurants and food markets, plus a decent beach of course!

Lilliput Wed 17-Jul-19 21:52:34

https://www.eleonas.gr/

We've been here twice. Food is fab, family orientated. It's a bit off the beaten track but so lovely.

StarbucksSmarterSister Wed 17-Jul-19 21:57:04

Crete is probably best at that time of year for guaranteed weather .

As for food I'm not sure I've eaten at a Michelin starred restaurant in my life (and I lived in London for 25 years) but there are plenty of great restaurants and the food is fab.

midsomermurderess Thu 18-Jul-19 22:43:21

Sifnos and Milos in the Cyclades seems to be building strong reputations as culinary destinations. I don't know what the weather is like in October though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »