Talk

Advanced search

European city in October with children - is there such a thing as a resort style hotel???????

(11 Posts)
IlanaK Wed 25-Jul-07 17:31:27

We had been planning a beach resort holiday to Turkey or Egypt in late september or October but have decided against it for safety reasons and also cost.

So, we are thinking of a week's city break to a European city. Obviously we won't get a beach, but would like an interesting city with a nice hotel that has indoor pool and "resort like" qualities. Does this exist? My boys are 3 and 6.

yeahinaminute Wed 25-Jul-07 17:41:03

"resort - like Qualities" ??

Do you mean kid's club? Spa?

IlanaK Wed 25-Jul-07 17:41:23

yes and yes!

IlanaK Wed 25-Jul-07 17:48:21

I guess what I mean is that we had a resort holiday in mind. Because we are now taqlking about October, the weather is not with us for anywhere nearby (and as I said, Turkey and Egypt are out). So I am looking at alternatives. It doesn't have to be a city. We went one spring to Austria to a ski resort for a walking type holiday that was lovely. But not sure about doing that in October.

Any suggestions at all greatfully recieved!

bundle Wed 25-Jul-07 17:50:28

isn't there a center parcs in belgium, that's supposed to be a cut above and cheaper than the uk version?

IlanaK Wed 25-Jul-07 18:02:19

Yes, I have thought about that, but we are doing centre parc in January over here so wanted something different.

Anyone done a kinderhotel?

Budababe Wed 25-Jul-07 18:04:28

Weather in Canaries would be nice in October.

Cyprus is nice too I think.

Can't think of city resort hotel though. Will try.

yeahinaminute Wed 25-Jul-07 18:50:07

Not done a Kinderhotel - but what about an interesting city like Tallin or Riga - both very beautiful, medieval cities - how old are the DC's ?

wildwoman Wed 25-Jul-07 18:54:17

We went to a Suite Hotel inRouen (I think,v.tired long story) It was great if you want to be out and about during the day but right in th ecentre of a city. They have a screen across the room to seperate the double bed from the kids part of the room. Fridge, microwave etc. The bars are nice aswell, maybe not resorty enough though as I don't think they have pools. You do get the use of a smart car for free though

wildwoman Wed 25-Jul-07 19:00:31

Just looked at the suite hotel website and it looks kind of yucky but it was really nice honestly!

DEE7479551 Wed 01-Aug-07 21:30:07

Don't give up on a beach resort! Have a look at Club Med Kamarina in Sicily, will still be hot there.

http://www.clubmed.co.uk/cgi-bin/clubmed55/SP/villagesHeading.do?CODRUB=0&CODLSC=KAMC&PAYS=341&LANG= EN

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now