Talk

Advanced search

Almyra Hotel in Cyrpus - anyone been?

(4 Posts)
Pennies Tue 24-Jul-07 10:22:17

We're thinking of going there in half term (i.e. late october) with my two dd's who will be 3 and nearly 2 by then. Would it be OK for chilfren that age?

What's it like generally?

What are the night time childcare options for when we want to go out to dinner once the dds are asleep?
On the website it looks lovely but I'm looking for some real life recomendations.

Pennies Tue 24-Jul-07 12:43:34

mummypoppins Fri 27-Jul-07 16:23:17

Havent been to the Almyra but we will be next door in The Annabelle which is fab.............come and join us!!

Seriously they are both owned by the same company.......as far as I know The Almyra has a kids club and the one at the The Annabelle was great.

When we last went kids were 6 and 4 and ate with us every night both in and out of the hotel. Its a short walk into town.

Cjeck out tripadvisor.com. They usually have some tips on there.

inglis Mon 30-Jul-07 12:41:10

I've been with a 5 year old, 3 year and 1 year old. Yes, it's very nice. We went for the interconnecting rooms - a junior suite with a twin, I think. This worked well us. They were ocean view rooms - some garden view rooms look out on road.

Supper we all ate together (a buffet) but I'm sure they'd fix up a babysitter for you (after all they sell themselves on being child friendly.) There is a kids club that we didn't use - so can't comment on that.

Not much of a beach to speak of - but nice little pool for the kids and bigger pool too.

Alyma just outside of Paphos town - few too many Neon lights and 'English pubs' for me. But still fun to walk down to harbour and get something to eat, and buy souvenirs etc.

We stayed for about four nights and combined it with the Anassa (sister hotel)where we stayed for three nights. (We loved the Anassa!)

Alyma shouldn't let you down - but it depends what you want really.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: