Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Menorca - Anyone own (or know of) a nice villa to rent?

(13 Posts)
babygrand Mon 23-Jul-07 02:12:46

Friends of ours are getting married in Menorca next year and want us to be there. We plan on making it a nice holiday. We don't know the island at all - any ideas where we could stay?

babygrand Mon 23-Jul-07 10:52:39

bump

jellybeans Mon 23-Jul-07 11:46:40

We went recently for the first time and stayed in an apartment (but there were vills there too). Depends if you want a beach resort really or nearer the two main towns (Mahon and Cuitadela) which are lovely. Santo Tomas is nice, very quiet though, lovely huge beach, quiet roads, nice walks (but very expensive supermarkets, we hired a car and shopped in the spanish supermarkets near Mahon). Cala Galdana is lovely too, abit more going on, boat trips and lots of walks/woodland, a small waterpark, alot busier here though. Son Bou had a nice beach but I wouldn't stay there myself. If you google menorca forum, there is a good site with loads of advice about resorts on.

babygrand Mon 23-Jul-07 16:05:56

Thanks for that Jellybeans! Did you book flights and accommodation seperately, and which companies did you use?

jellybeans Mon 23-Jul-07 18:42:28

Hi, we booked with First Choice so everything was included, we stayed a week early July, there are six of us and it was less than £1500 altogether self catering. We could have gone with Travel Republic for abit cheaper, but wanted to go to Santo Tomas in particular and have one company to deal with.. Sethotels have some villas with pools in Santo Tomas. Our apartment was part of their groups properties. We had a big apartment for 6 and there were 2 pools that were never that busy, we had a lovely huge balcony area at the front, aircon, kids club and even a pony club. They have a website but think you have to email for price. James villas have some too but are probably more expensive. There is also ownersdirect where you can book direct, but we couldn't face any risks with taking 4 kids! (I know alot of people that have saved loads though by doing this) You can book flights with First Choice for about £84 return, depending when you go.

onlyjoking Mon 23-Jul-07 18:50:36

jamess villas was fab, we stayed in calla en porter & flew with monarch, i think? was so fab,we went back a few months later, what month is the wedding ?
the season starts begining of May until end of october.

babygrand Mon 23-Jul-07 19:57:29

The wedding is July, so peak season. Is it unbearably hot then?

jellybeans Mon 23-Jul-07 20:29:15

We went 2nd week and it was bearable, about 80 degrees most days with one cloudy day. It was like the very hot days we get here.

NKF Mon 23-Jul-07 20:29:58

Is James Villas good? I've seen them advertised a lot.

onlyjoking Mon 23-Jul-07 21:22:59

we have used jamess villas at least 7 times, no problem, the last few times we have booked our own flights as much cheaper that way.

Roobedoo Mon 23-Jul-07 21:27:17

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/balearics/B1036.htm

We stayed here - absolutely fabulous. Son Parc has a beautiful shallow beach. Perfect for children.

NKF Mon 23-Jul-07 21:27:44

Presumably their discounted car hire is no big deal either.

onlyjoking Mon 23-Jul-07 21:32:24

we have never hired a car everything is nearby, we use holidaytaxis to pick us up from airport and take us to the villa and do the return journey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now