Talk

Advanced search

Day in Paris

(9 Posts)
NoBiggy Mon 16-Jul-07 16:48:25

We'll be in Paris on a Sunday, we intend going up the tower but we need some alternatives in case it's too busy.

We have a nearly 4 year old and a 1 year old.

Also any good seasidey places for a day trip from Rouen or Caen.

scienceteacher Mon 16-Jul-07 16:55:13

Deauville is a good seaside place. It's not far from Rouen or Caen, and it is a standard daytrip/long weekend for Parisiens.

Lilymaid Mon 16-Jul-07 19:46:27

Boat trip along Seine?

coddy Mon 16-Jul-07 19:47:37

have loads but have to read to ds1

brb

NoBiggy Mon 16-Jul-07 22:52:23

What do you think Deauville vs Honfleur?

DP not keen on the boat trip, thinks it will be difficult to get to the right place at the right time (but I think there's enough of them to just wander up and wait for the next one?)

The thought of the Metro with a pushchair is giving me the abdabs - one to avoid or not so bad?

If we were to just stroll about taking in the Paris-ness where's a good area to head for?

lapsedrunner Tue 17-Jul-07 11:37:43

From Caen go to Omaha beach (eastern end).

kookaburra Tue 17-Jul-07 11:45:21

Le Marais is a good place to stroll and central so you can wander along from Notre dame. Or Jardin de Luxembourg. Or Parc de buttes chaumont, tho in the 17th s a bit out of the way. If the number 20 bis still goes from the gare stlazare to gare de lyon that quite a good ride for getting the parisianness.

kookaburra Tue 17-Jul-07 11:45:34

I mean number 20 bus

NoBiggy Tue 17-Jul-07 15:57:06

Thanks, will read up on those places now. Any more suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now