Talk

Advanced search

I've £1200 to spend - how difficult can it be to find a blooming holiday!

(8 Posts)
tracyk Mon 16-Jul-07 10:49:02

I want -
morning/early afternoon flights from Glasgow/Edinburgh.

Within an hours drive at the other end.

Walking distance to beach, supermarket and restaurants.

Communal pool with other kids around.

2 bedrooms, with TV.

Theres loads of nice hotels with kids clubs etc - but it looks like just one room - ds would never go to sleep if we were in the same room as him - what would we do at night? He's 3 btw.
Any ideas?

MrsSpoon Mon 16-Jul-07 11:05:18

Have you seen my apartment here?

I have a 15% MN discount available. Flights are available from Glasgow to Alicante or Edinburgh to Murcia. The apartment is about 40 mins from Murcia airport and 1 hour 15 or so from Alicante airport.

There is a good supermarket (not a tourist one but a proper Spanish supermarket with decent prices) just a minutes walk from the apartment.

The nearest beach is about two minutes from the apartment with another beach less than 5 mins away and many more within walking or driving distance.

There is a communial pool with a children's section and there are generally other children there, the complex is popular with families.

The apartment has two bedrooms (one with a kingsize bed, one with two singles and there is a travel cot).

The livingroom has an LCD TV (quite a big screen, can't remember the size), DVD player, Sky TV and Spanish digital.

There are a couple of restaurants just about 5 mins walk from the apartment but the best restaurants in the area are found round about the Marina, roughly 20 mins walk away. Depending on your three year old you may need a buggy.

Please do not hesitate to mail me through the website if you would like any more details.

MrsSpoon Mon 16-Jul-07 11:15:01

Also should have added the apartment, flights, car hire (or transfers) should be do-able well within £1,200.

jellybeans Mon 16-Jul-07 14:02:29

First choice do some not bad package deals. You could have a week or even two in Menorca or Corfu for your budget and they fly from those airports, Or you could try travel republic.

lapsedrunner Wed 18-Jul-07 05:38:11

Why not DIY? Compare all flights using http://www.skyscanner.net, also think laterally i.e. does "beach" have to mean seaside or could it be a lake eg good flights from Edinburgh to Munich and you can be on the lakes round Salzburg in no time at all.

alibo Wed 18-Jul-07 15:12:21

we have just got a good deal on laterooms.com for apartments in spain. flights with flymonarch.com

kirstyh1 Wed 18-Jul-07 20:31:49

Tryr www.holitots.com tjey have properties and if they are not walkable tothe beach they are a short bus ride and only twenty minutes form the airport, they are well priced apartments as the prices are set by the owner. also Marie the manger of the property is always on hand to help, I have used them and will continue to while the kids are little as they provide everything you want.

macdoodle Wed 25-Jul-07 17:31:13

Mrs Spoon am positive we have an apartment in the same block is it veneziola ???
Not had the heart to rent it out yet but will have to soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now