Advanced search

ALGARVE-which resorts are best for toddlers?

(11 Posts)
alibo Sun 15-Jul-07 11:23:03

have not been to portugal before, and are considering going towards end of september. would like somewhere where there are playareas etc for little ones, especially something for him in the evenings, as we would probably be staying in a villa. any help appreciated!

Elasticwoman Sun 15-Jul-07 20:59:12

So the Madelein McCann story hasn't put you off then.

katyjo Tue 17-Jul-07 09:52:16

I can't believe you said that Elasticwoman, how cruel. Unfortunately things happen no matter where you are in the world you can't stop living because of it, besides Portugal is probably the safest place to go at the moment, still crawling with police and everyone is being extra vigilant!
I haven't been myself alibo, but I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Whooosh Tue 17-Jul-07 09:57:11

Lagos is a lovely area-nice marina,a fish market and some lovely cobbled streets filled with shops,restaurants and cafes.
There are always lots of childrn around in the evenings and I am sure there must be a playground somewhere-just not sure where.

Hopefully someone will be along who has more info.

Elasticwoman [unneccessary emoticon]

MrsSpoon Tue 17-Jul-07 10:57:50

We stayed just outside Portomao when DS1 was 9 months but found it a bit of a hike to the beach etc. Praia De Rocha looked nice, a bit touristy but looked as if it had plenty of restaurants and was near the beach.

debbiewebweb Tue 17-Jul-07 13:00:37

We went to Lagos too when dd was 2, had a fab time. Beach great, Old town was lovely and marina too and we went to Praia du luz for the day and the beach there was great for toddlers too as there was a restaurant on the beach. Fab, nothing would put me off going back if we had the money right now

Whooosh Tue 17-Jul-07 19:43:49

Oh glad someone else likes Lagos...

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Tue 17-Jul-07 19:46:13

we went o a place near albufeira when the boys were little and we wouldn't reccomend it at all really. bit like blackpool.
very busy and noisy at night.

hike to the beach and the waves/sea were very rough and not good for paddling/swimming.

lilolilmanchester Tue 17-Jul-07 19:46:18

We love Lagos too, but only been with older children so wasn't really looking out for playgrounds. Will you be hiring a car? Zoomarine is meant to be a great day out, tho we've not been ourselves.

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Tue 17-Jul-07 20:09:45

zoomarine is good-ds2 loved the dolphins! he was 9 months then!

MrsSpoon Tue 17-Jul-07 22:05:48

We went to Zoomarine too, it was fab. I liked the roller skating parrots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now