Talk

Advanced search

Temp in Southern Spain - Sept time?

(12 Posts)
tracyk Wed 11-Jul-07 11:35:41

I don't want to go when its too hot - but hot enough to swim. We were there mid June and it was just nice - 30 degrees in the day and cool at night.
When is the best time to go again - end Aug? sept still ok? end Sept?

MrsSpoon Wed 11-Jul-07 13:22:49

They are having a heat wave this year I believe however it would normally be a really nice time to visit. I was in La Manga last year towards the end of October and it was till beautiful, some days we were still on the beach at 6pm it was so nice.

If I could choose, ie not constrained by School hols, I would go in September, even the end of September, the weather would be very similar to June.

Of course if you haven't booked anywhere I would like to recommend this .

tracyk Wed 11-Jul-07 20:12:18

I had been looking at your thread earlier. I can't get Murcia airport to show on skyscanner. do they only do alicante?

tracyk Wed 11-Jul-07 20:14:05

oh just worked it out - i was asking to travel from Glasgow - they don't go from glasgow to murcia.

Blondilocks Wed 11-Jul-07 20:17:52

If you look on weather.co.uk you can look at an average temperature for the year after searching for a location.

MrsSpoon Wed 11-Jul-07 23:51:24

tracyk, you can fly Prestwick to Murcia or Edinburgh to Murcia, they don't seem to fly to Murcia from Glasgow anymore however Alicante isn't too long a drive.

If you are interested or would like to know more contact me through the website.

MrsSpoon Wed 11-Jul-07 23:52:03

Easyjet used to fly Glasgow to Murcia but they seem to have stopped.

WendyWeber Wed 11-Jul-07 23:59:28

We went for Oct half-term a couple of years ago. Weather was brill, kids swam most days and we caught the first snowfall in the Sierra Nevada and went up for snowball fights

MrsSpoon Thu 12-Jul-07 00:05:01

Wow, that sounds fab, the beach and snow all the one holiday!

WendyWeber Thu 12-Jul-07 00:12:33

It was fantastic, Mrs S - in fact we did beach in the morning and snow in the afternoon on the same day (it was chilly up there too, even in the sun, we needed coats and boots)

We saw the snow on the local news, we wouldn't have known otherwise.

We love S Spain

MrsSpoon Thu 12-Jul-07 00:14:15

My DSs would love that! Will need to keep an eye out for the snow when we next visit.

kirstyh1 Wed 18-Jul-07 20:40:33

If you have not booked I say look at holitots.com they are child freindly in spain and not too far from airports, I have used them and they are very helpful and child orientated offering all kinds of services for the family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now