Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

good restaurants and pubs in rye, east sussex

(5 Posts)
zh202 Tue 10-Jul-07 20:01:56

We're off to Rye for a few days with our 8 month old baby and 3 and half year old toddler. Can anyone recommend any family-friendly (and good) restaurants/pubs in Rye. Grateful for any tips as often spend ages looking for a decent eating place whenever we go away!

moneytree Thu 12-Jul-07 17:35:29

Hi there is a lovely pub and for the life of me I cannot think of its name....7 week baby and my brain cells are disappearing out with my breast milk. From Rye you go towards Playden but instead of going up the hill you take a right onto the Military road, you will find the pub on the left hand side. It is 1940's theme, the landlady is eccentric and really fusses over my children (I have toddler as well). The food is not cheap but it is excellent and they are very welcoming. If you go to Camber Beach there is a restaurant across the road called "The Place" yet again, expensive but good local food"

swedishmum Fri 13-Jul-07 18:58:25

The Place does 2 for 1 lunches on Mondays if you have 2 courses.

tobysmumkent Fri 13-Jul-07 19:12:52

Message withdrawn

zh202 Wed 18-Jul-07 20:02:11

Thanks everyone; very helpful tips indeed. We've just returned from Rye and I have to say we stayed in the most amazing B & B. Its called Woodlands (on whitebread lane) and its run by an lovely old couple. We were given a huge downstairs bedroom (with double bed and a sofa bed),en suite bathroom and a conservatory linked to the bedroom. We also had our own microwave, fridge and TV (and video. The house also had an enormous garden and two incredibly lovely dogs that my toddler played with all day. Also found lovely pub called White Hart nearby which was perfect for families.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now