Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Cala en Bosch Menorca?

(12 Posts)
jus1971 Mon 25-Jun-07 14:25:06

Wondering if anyone has been to Cala en Bosch? Found a nice villa with James Villas which is not too dear (will be paying for flights with my hard earned tesco clubcard vouchers!) This will be 1st holiday abroad as a family (me, o/h and 2 kids 12 and 13) Is there much to do there?

Jus

cardy Mon 25-Jun-07 14:27:52

I haven't but it has been recommended to me a number of times. I have read about it and it looks like somewhere I might consider in the future.

I have been to Menorca (Son Park) which was nice, quiet. The weather was pretty awful through (late September) which spolit the holiday a bit.

PestoMonster Mon 25-Jun-07 14:30:53

We have. There are 2 beaches. One is horseshoe shaped and the better of the 2. The other is along the coast to the left of the horseshoe. Still sandy but with a few rocks. There is a lovely harbour surrounded by restaurants which is nice especially for the evenings. And very close by there is a relatively new water park which is fun for a day out.

scorpio1 Mon 25-Jun-07 14:33:42

yes, we have

we found it quite a quiet holiday, very relaxing. we spent most of our time on the beach, or in Mahon, eating! Lovely weather, too!

onlyjoking Mon 25-Jun-07 14:34:48

have been to cala en porter used a jamess villa, it was lovely.
i am intersted to know which company you can use the clubcards with for flights

PersonalClown Mon 25-Jun-07 14:36:23

Been to Cala'n Forcat. Love the island and if/when ds can handle the flight, we'll be going again.

jus1971 Mon 25-Jun-07 14:41:29

Sounds nice, thanks for the quick replies.

I am using the vouchers with xl.com you can ring them up and they will give you the online price and you can use the vouchers for taxes and fuel surcharges. Tink it will be about £900 in all. Found a 1000pt code and used it twice last week and got £80 worth of deals towards it

Jus x

sparklygothkat Mon 25-Jun-07 14:50:04

PC we went to Calan' forcat last year too, which hotel did you stay at??

PersonalClown Mon 25-Jun-07 14:53:50

We don't do hotels. half of my family won't try 'foreign' food. Always go self catering.
We were near the one on the cliff, red balconies I think. It's been a while though, before ds.

Alibobster Mon 25-Jun-07 15:25:18

Quite quiet but as PestoMonster said there is a nice harbour with lots of restaurants. Very family friendly place. We stayed at Hotel Cala'n' Bosch though and it was absolutely dreadful

Chelseamum Mon 25-Jun-07 15:31:17

It is very very chilled out ....very peaceful nothing like Mallorca or Ibiza... hire a car so u can eat out in Ciutadella by the lovely harbour.... visit also Binibeca a lovely fishing village with only white houses... and eat "caldereta" a lovely fish stew...
enjoy it!

Janbo25 Sat 30-Jun-07 11:53:51

we're off to cala 'n bosch on Friday this week staying in a James Villa so will let you know what it's like, i have heard it's great for kids because a lot of the bars have play areas in which will be ideal, i'm looking for ideas for next year now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now