Talk

Advanced search

Have you been to Puerto Pollensa?

(12 Posts)
PinkChick Sun 24-Jun-07 20:11:35

we have been asked to join our friends there in june next year, whats it like?

MaureenMLove Sun 24-Jun-07 20:14:23

I have. Nice little fishing harbour. Town square and a market once a week. From what I remember(5 years ago!) there was plenty of restaurants and the sandy beach stretches the whole length of the main drag. Bars on the beach too.

MaureenMLove Sun 24-Jun-07 20:15:00

Just realised who I'm talking too! Hello!

PinkChick Sun 24-Jun-07 20:16:27

hiya chick, thanks for that, friend is booking villa or sumat sleeps 8, so we are thinking about chipping in?, but want know know were not in middle of knowere first?

Mercy Sun 24-Jun-07 20:16:46

We stayed very near to it last year. Admittedly out of season but I though it was fine.

tiredemma Sun 24-Jun-07 20:17:27

Its a lovely resort- very family friendly.

PinkChick Sun 24-Jun-07 20:18:22

well my dd will be 5 and friends dd 7-8, we stayed in palma nova last year in feb and that was nice, so hoping for something similar?

tiredemma Sun 24-Jun-07 20:29:26

Its not as 'touristy' as palma nova- bit more relaxed, prettier. Beach is lovely and it has some lovely restaurants.

PinkChick Mon 25-Jun-07 19:37:53

so beaches are nice then?, just wanting nice resteraunts/tavernas/fast food if necesary, couple of family bars, nice clean beaches, nice to walk around etc

LIZS Mon 25-Jun-07 19:43:00

It's definitely not Palma Nova !! Much quieter and less neon around. The big complex, Pollentia Club, is a fair way out of town and the beach opposite (across the main road) not so nice as further along.

PinkChick Tue 26-Jun-07 19:49:49

dont know were we're staying its sleeps 8 is all i know and the owner lives downstairs so maybe its on first floor and they also have something sleeping 6 above..so in light of that, it sounds like a private 3 story apartment, must be huge!
we went to palma nova in feb, so there wasnt much neon straw donkeys etc..but beaches were fab..would have liked to have gone back there, but we enjoy going with these friends as dd would enjoy it more with her dd !

policywonk Tue 26-Jun-07 19:55:00

Puerta Pollensa was nice when we went there, definitely semed quite child-friendly - lots of restaurants right on the beach so you can watch them run around while you eat, etc. Big supermarkets and so on, big market at the weekends, lots of bars and cafes. We stayed at Pollensa itself, which is about 5 miles inland, and I'd highly recommend that as well, tho possibly not as much fun for kids - a real little Mallorcan town, very pretty, lovely town square.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now