Talk

Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

Salzburg- ‘ must visit and do’ in the area

(7 Posts)
SpeckledyHen Fri 10-Aug-18 07:10:37

Going next week
Any recommendations please of places to visit within an hour or so drive / train and in Salzburg itself ?

Also restaurants and good cafes .

Have a couple of guides etc but it’s also good to have personal recommendations.

MorbidMuch Tue 14-Aug-18 22:05:10

I really liked Salzburg. It's a very pretty place. The Fortress was cool, but my favourite part of my visit a couple of years ago was the tour of Hellbrunn Palace's Gardens with their trick water fountains. https://www.salzburg.info/en/sights/top10/hellbrunn-palace-trick-fountains

minesatea Wed 15-Aug-18 19:41:35

We went to the salt mines. Great visit but gets busy. Try to get their early in the day if you can. Not sure if you have DC going with you. Our 2 loved it.

RayneDance Thu 16-Aug-18 08:06:39

Hellbrun was my stand out too.

It's unmissable.

Fakeplasticcheese Thu 16-Aug-18 08:08:09

The salt mines are amazing!!

Jinglebells99 Thu 16-Aug-18 08:15:55

We went to the salt mines too. You get to ride a little train, slide down slides between levels and go on a boat. It was fun. We also did a trip to Hitler’s hideout Eagles Nest in Berchtesgaden. You go through an underpass to ride an elevator, and there’s a restaurant and views at the top. You could also do a trip to Zell am See.

SpeckledyHen Fri 17-Aug-18 16:01:36

Sorry for being slow getting back here - thank you for the recommendations. Really looking forward to it .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: