Talk

Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

Efteling how many days?

(27 Posts)
Firenze12 Thu 09-Aug-18 16:34:01

Hi, we are going to Centre Parcs Epheride next summer Monday to Friday. We went to add on some days and were thinking of going to Efteling.
I love the look of the Efteling bosrijk village but it seems the minimum stay is three nights. So we would arrive on the Friday and then leave on the Monday to go to Centre Parcs. Is this too long?
Would we be better just staying in alternative accommodation for one night or two? Children are 6 and 3.
Thank you!

StillRunningWithScissors Thu 09-Aug-18 16:44:20

Hello,

We were in Eftling about two weeks ago with DC (8)

A full day worked well, DC would have been happy for a second day.

I think three days in the park may have been too much.

Eftling is lovely though. Lots of trees/benches. You can get sweets etc, but also fruit stalls and lots of water taps.

I'm not a huge fun park fan, but really enjoyed it. You'll have a great time!

StillRunningWithScissors Thu 09-Aug-18 16:45:47

Sorry, misread and thought you'd spend three days in the park itself.

if you arrive Friday/leave Monday you will probably be fine for that amount of time there.

Ricekrispie22 Thu 09-Aug-18 16:55:12

You can easily spend three nights at Bosrijk because there are extra things to do in there that aren't in the main theme park area, such as the swimming pools and bike hire.

Firenze12 Thu 09-Aug-18 17:19:42

Thank you both so much, really helpful. Sounds like bosrijk could be the answer. Rice krispie have you been?

olliepolly Fri 10-Aug-18 18:29:46

Efteling is a big favourite with my now teenagers , we have been several times. Two days in the park is about right.
For us it beats Disney.

Firenze12 Fri 10-Aug-18 18:54:04

That's great thank you. Have you stayed onsite?

juneau Sat 11-Aug-18 19:22:42

We did this - arrived Friday night, had Sat and Sun in the park (two days was perfect - any longer would've been too long), and then left Mon morning.

Firenze12 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:34:25

Amazing thanks Juneau where did you stay?

juneau Sat 11-Aug-18 19:43:18

We stayed in an apartment in the gatehouse at Bostrijk village.

Firenze12 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:49:31

And did you like the village? Sorry for all the questions!!

juneau Sat 11-Aug-18 20:27:48

I don't remember much about it, tbh! We ate in the local town, which has a good selection of restaurants - we just used our apartment to sleep in.

juneau Sat 11-Aug-18 20:28:30

Bostrijk is very convenient for the theme park - there's a pedestrian walkway from it to the park entrance.

Firenze12 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:42:13

Thank you so much, you have been really helpful!

Kerberos Sat 11-Aug-18 20:48:13

Bosrijk is fab. We spent shorter days in the park and came out for lunch etc, pool is small but nice. Lots of play areas around Bosrijk village. The fairytale land is a nice break from mucho rides.

greathat Sat 11-Aug-18 20:50:47

We stayed a night in the hotel. I love Efteling! Make sure you find the donkey that poos coins smile

Firenze12 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:14:01

Sounds ideal. Thank you for all your invaluable advice!!

Oneteen Sat 11-Aug-18 22:12:24

We stayed Mon - Friday and loved it (5 years ago) stayed in one of the cottages (they are super)...easy access to the park and the swimming pool and the restaurant on site is also good... Your children will love it - very magical and lots of charm.

DamnCommandments Sat 11-Aug-18 22:26:51

We usually go Wednesday - Friday (two nights, three days) staying in a Bosrijk apartment. I recommend Bosrijk over the new eco-friendly houses in Loonscheland, especially in summer, because the new houses have very high ceilings and you'd be eaten alive by mosquitos you couldn't catch!

If you arrive Friday, you can go to the park to eat pancakes and see the light show in the evening, then back to Bosrijk to sleep. A full day in the park on Saturday, starting with the Sprookjesbos (Fairytale Forest) - and don't forget to go and see a Ravelijn show, and maybe even eat in Het Wapen van Ravelijn. Then back on Sunday to mop up the rides you didn't do yesterday, before heading back to Bosrijk in the afternoon to swim and eat dinner in the Loonscheland restaurant. If you go back in on Monday you can do your favourites again, or you could just head off to Centerparcs.

GlowWine Sat 11-Aug-18 22:51:51

It's three years ago now but we arrived on Wednesday morning at opening and left Friday midday to go on to our next destination. Stayed in an apartment in the Gatehouse so didn't explore bosrijk village at all. Arrived carrying supplies for some self catering (breakfast), and had some nice meals on-site, not too extortionate either. Length of time was just right for us, kids were 11 and 8 at the time. The kids really enjoyed the extra hour or so guests get on site before the main gates open. How many times can you ride a rollercoaster in succession... But yes, really enjoyed it and all ages catered for.

Firenze12 Sun 12-Aug-18 14:20:32

Amazing! Love mumsnet. Thank you all so much. Can't wait now. Only a year to go!
Damn commandments that sounds like the perfect itinerary, I have taken notes!
Thanks again.

rainbowfudgee Mon 13-Aug-18 20:04:47

We are staying at kempervennen Center Parcs. Do you have to book Efteling in advance or can you just turn up? How much for a family of 4? We don't need accommodation just a day trip. Thanks

MrsAidanTurner Tue 14-Aug-18 11:20:42

Yes Friday to Monday is perfect.

We stayed there for the week once and that wasn't too long! There is so much to see and do.
Bosricjk is really cosy and gorgeous, lots of natural play areas, small cute pool.. Pleasant restaurant.

It's magical, beautiful lanterns light the paths around the sandman lake which lights up in the middle every night. Short walk to theme park.

It's a gorgeous magical place.. Has atmosphere.

MrsAidanTurner Tue 14-Aug-18 11:27:44

Having done both I much prefer 3 nights over weekend esp July and August as lots of extra entertainment is laid on.

Ie princess carriages and characters in fairy tale square, silly stuff in other squares... Music Brazilian dancers near the water rides etc.

I did the fairytale wood at night, warm barmy Saturday night.. It was amazing.. We had cut through it all Friday and Saturday day but we went from scene to scene in the the night and I would do it that way if weather good.

Carousel Square is never busy, has lots of carousels, swing chair rides and the dc can run off in site and go on the them. Great when main rides are busy, there is small efteling musuem.
My two spent entire afternoon on stepping stones in pond in land of the laffs, and running through the rope bridges and houses in their village.. Lots of things to do if main rides are busy.
Another don't miss is the pandadroom 3d show (great in wet weather) but when you exit the the cinema its straight into fun play area (indoors) again my two spent ages in there...

The fairytale wood... Could take whole day if you wanted.

MrsAidanTurner Tue 14-Aug-18 11:31:41

@firenze12

Lidl very close by, dh would get supplies from there and you can order rolls etc and hams, jam to be delivered to you in the morning which was handy. You can also order pizza to room at night.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: