Talk

Advanced search

Ok guys, Im looking to go abroad for the first time with two kids, 4yrs + 2.5yrs, next year for up to 12 nights any suggestions welcome! Must be 4 or less hours flight!

(13 Posts)
Busybean Sat 02-Jun-07 14:10:27

Looking to go away with partner and 2 children and a friend. Have only ever been to france, germany and spain, so am looking for something a bit different.

Any recommedations would be great.........ideally want to find hotels that offer a sitting service of some sort and generally somewhere that is fun for all the family.

Im not a great sunbather/lover so would want to go some where thats got great things to do aside from sitting round the pool all day....activities that would be good for the age of the boys....

Any suggestions? have you been somewhere you thought was great?

Please share your stories and opinions as I havent a clue where to go!

kslatts Sat 02-Jun-07 15:08:29

We went to florida and we all had a fantastic time, loads to do. The flight is longer than 4 hours though.

MrsSpoon Mon 04-Jun-07 16:05:18

Busybean, I realise this doesn't quite tick all your boxes but I wondered if you had seen my Small Business Ad herehttp://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=1930&threadid=329763&stamp=070604130737here. La Manga is a truely unique area of Spain and there is loads for kids to do.

mummypotpot Thu 07-Jun-07 20:32:16

Hi Busybean,
Have you considered Centre Parcs in Europe?

jellybeans Thu 14-Jun-07 11:29:32

Corfu in Greece is lovely, some resorts are livlier than others and there are alot of nice boat trips and day trips/history etc.

Liff Mon 18-Jun-07 12:56:48

We have just come back from a week at the Periyali Villas in Zante and had an amazing time. The villas are really well equipped for kids and there is a creche which is brand new and really well run. Would definitley recommend it

JoshandJamie Mon 18-Jun-07 14:01:01

This is a new website that has a bunch of different kid friendly destinations Holidaywithbaby

milkchocolateStarryStarryNight Mon 18-Jun-07 14:06:01

You want something different?
Go to norway.

Your boy likes pirates? check out this theme park:
http://www.captainsabertooth.com/

cornsilk Mon 18-Jun-07 14:07:27

Italy is great - they are very child friendly.

alinjosh Sun 24-Jun-07 12:19:50

we have 3 children 6,4 and 2 and we go to turkey marmaris every year only 4 hour flight and have waterparks,playgrounds etc we go in september for 3 weeks

lapsedrunner Mon 25-Jun-07 15:55:36

Austria, perhaps half the holiday at a Kinderhotel (www.kinderhotels.com) and half at a child friendly farm (www.farmholidays.com)

willow2 Fri 29-Jun-07 22:21:42

Liff - what are the villas like now? Went ages ago but have heard it's all been updated and made much smarter.

mosschops30 Fri 29-Jun-07 22:28:13

I know you saiud not spain but can I recommend the viva menorca apartments in cala n bosch menorca (first choice).
Its a 4* apart/hotel with fabulous rooms, air con, great kids entertainment, the resort is very family orientated without being tacky (nice marina, good restaurants etc), lots to see on the island, some beautiful beaches, architecture (Cuitadella), the monastery on top of mount el toro, wonderful boat trips run from the harbour.

We have been 2 years in a row now and plan to go again next year, the kids love it and so do we.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: