Talk

Advanced search

I've never been to the Canary Islands. Where would you suggest for October?

(18 Posts)
elizabethcharlotte Mon 04-Jun-18 21:34:17

I'm now looking at the Canary Islands for October half term. Can you recommend a resort for me? We are a family of four. Two teenagers who like being by the pool not the beach. We'd like somewhere to relax and a nice place to stroll around in the evenings.

Tenko Tue 05-Jun-18 17:31:21

Costa Adeje in Tenerife. I took 3 teens there and they loved it. Lots of decent hotels, nice restaurants and a few bars with live music. There is also Siam Park which is the best water park we've ever been to.

helloBuddy Tue 05-Jun-18 17:32:10

I agree with the above post.

helloBuddy Tue 05-Jun-18 17:33:44

Sorry posted to soon, we loved Tenerife. Again Siam Park which is local to this area was the best water park we've ever been. There is plenty of things to do, we went to Loro Park as well which is a coach journey away but worth it.

pigpoglet Tue 05-Jun-18 17:41:41

Tenerife is the busiest , the weather will be good everywhere but lanzarote and fuerteventura will be quieter.

elizabethcharlotte Tue 05-Jun-18 21:27:05

That's really helpful. Which resorts are nice in fuerteventura and Gran Canaria or are they all nice?

elizabethcharlotte Tue 05-Jun-18 21:27:40

Oops! I meant to say Lanzarote!

HappyHedgehog247 Tue 05-Jun-18 21:29:25

Playa Blanca is nice in Lanzarote.

NotARegularPenguin Tue 05-Jun-18 21:30:17

Costa Adeje in Tenerife is nice.

Your kids would love Siam Park. If anyone considers going to Loro Park please be aware they have captive Orcas there. The Blackfish documentary is well worth a watch to see the awful conditions they’re kept in.

specialsubject Wed 06-Jun-18 10:56:22

dont go to fuerteventura and then whine that it is windy....

shame they dont like the beach because Tenerife has wonderful beaches. but it should tick all your other boxes too and the climate in the Canaries is great.

Tenko Wed 06-Jun-18 11:20:28

Plays Blanca in Lanzarote is nice for small children but I wouldn't take teenagers.
Corrallejo in Fuertaventura is a beach lovers paradise and a great resort for teens, but I wouldn't go in October as it's too windy.
Tenerife definitely meets all your criteria but please don't go to Lori park.

macnab Wed 13-Jun-18 11:13:09

We stick with Gran Canaria as we find the weather there the best out of all the islands (I hate wind!)

In GC I'd recommend Mogan if you're looking for somewhere quieter. The marina area is lovely with really good restaurants & bars but it's definitely quieter than other resorts. We've stayed in this hotel and it's fab. We booked direct with the hotel and requested a family suite which is basically two large rooms on the corner with a hall-way between them. So you get two balconies, two bathrooms etc and lots of space but with one front door.

If you want something a bit more lively, Maspalomas is really lovely too. We've stayed here and they have been the best apartments we've ever holidayed in. We had a 2-bed apartment and it has everything you need. Huge and spotlessly clean (maid cleans every day) and the pool areas are lovely. Again we booked direct.

If you'd like something really upmarket then Meloneras is fabulous. It's a newer extension of Maspalomas and has a promenade lined with gorgeous hotels and restaurants/bars. We've stayed here and it is really good but pricey and our kids preferred the Palm Oasis. Personally I prefer self catering with the kids but I'd still recommend this hotel (and the one in Mogan) if its a hotel you're looking for.

You'd need to book asap though, October is a very popular time of year there.

ifancyagreencard Wed 13-Jun-18 11:19:08

Another vote for Costa Adeje on Tenerife with teenagers. Loads to do!

funmummy48 Sun 17-Jun-18 16:01:32

We had a wonderful holiday in Costa Adeje, Tenerife, with our teenage daughter. I can recommend the Recency Torviscas apartments which were fantastic.

funmummy48 Sun 17-Jun-18 16:02:29

RegencyTorviscas.... that should say!

youarenotkiddingme Sun 17-Jun-18 17:14:40

I'd definitely say Costa Adeje! I lived there for many years and ds was born there!

My parents do Feurte but is windy. They say GC is nice but read reviews of resorts before you go.

Figgygal Sun 17-Jun-18 17:17:32

Ooh following as We looking at October half term and considering Tenerife too as with it being 29th October this year seems to be little other options.

Definitely would avoid the orca park those places are a disgrace

Yogagirl123 Sun 17-Jun-18 17:18:43

Puerto Del Carmen Lanzarote busier than Playa Blanca and closer to the airport. We have teenage sons they love Puerto Del Carmen.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: