Talk

Advanced search

DLP - access passes

(20 Posts)
Noeuf Mon 28-May-18 08:46:12

I have a question about this, as I'm really stressing about going with my two boys. One has ADHD and hypermobility (recent dx)

I'm aware he won't qualify for DLA and tbh I'm not sure what we would spend money on -

Noeuf Mon 28-May-18 08:51:07

Sorry I posted too soon.

I'm really worried about him managing queues and standing for a long time and I don't know why this is stressing me out so much. Also, being hemmed in and pushed.

Does anyone know about arrangements - there are two passes and he wouldn't get the priority one for disabilities as we won't have a DLA letter or blue badge.

MsGameandWatching Mon 28-May-18 08:56:08

Do you have a diagnosis? I took my children's diagnosis letters and they accepted those.

Noeuf Mon 28-May-18 08:57:56

Yes we have the letter spelling out his diagnoses. Thank you, maybe I will take that anyway as we are travelling.

MsGameandWatching Mon 28-May-18 09:00:11

I carry copies of my children's letters everywhere. They've helped at the airport and places like that as well.

Noeuf Mon 28-May-18 09:01:25

That is a really good idea actually. Airport queues are terrible.

MsGameandWatching Mon 28-May-18 09:03:03

There's always a special assistance gate. Speak to a member of staff and explain and they'll often direct you there.

WhatToDoAboutWailmerGoneRogue Mon 28-May-18 09:06:13

Both DLP and WDW are brilliant for disabled guests.

This is from their website:

Upon arrival at Disney Parks, to board our attractions, proceed to Donald Desk, City Hall or Studio Services with your companion(s)—one of whom should be an able-bodied person at least 15 years of age.

A reception Cast Member (Disneyland Paris employee) will give you information about accessibility to attractions and, if necessary, an Access Card.

To receive a Priority Card, you must present your disability card or a medical certificate (For futher details, please take a look at the Disney Parks Accessibility Maps).

www.disneylandparis.co.uk/guest-services/guests-with-mental-or-cognitive-disabilities/

Noeuf Mon 28-May-18 09:08:27

Oh I didn't realise re the gate . We always hang back and then join the queue at the last minute for stuff.

Thanks re DLP - I don't know why I'm so stressed about it. Maybe because he is older and less portable so it's very obvious? And I don't want to waste lots of money on a holiday we don't enjoy/is stressful?

PeonyTruffle Mon 28-May-18 09:26:40

They have recently changed it so that for the green pass (I think for non temp conditions) you need a blue badge or a pip letter to get the pass.

I think they are still accepting a doctors letter stating that he will find queuing difficult for now though, when are you going?

Noeuf Mon 28-May-18 09:40:22

Not til end of October , no idea why I'm so stressed? Maybe because there's other stuff still to be checked out and I'm a bit all over the place.

PeonyTruffle Mon 28-May-18 11:16:11

Maybe email them and see what they say? They will confirm exactly what you need to take in order to receive a green pass

There are a few DLP groups on FB and a lot of people are getting worried because where they were eligible for a pass previously, they won't be now under the new rules as they don't receive PIP or have a blue badge.

I understand why they changed the rules because some people were taking advantage but it's rubbish for people that do genuinely benefit by having them

PeonyTruffle Mon 28-May-18 11:16:56

(We're going in 20 days and I'm also flapping trying to get organised!)

Noeuf Mon 28-May-18 11:33:44

I'm on a couple of groups but they are just adding to my stress!

PeonyTruffle Mon 28-May-18 12:33:37

Some of them take it VERY seriously grin

Whilst I like having my restaurants pre booked, I don't get the whole pre planning your every move whilst you're there in advance thing though I have to say

Noeuf Mon 28-May-18 12:42:43

I know, I've had to snooze the groups. I'm starting to get really anxious about it all like I'm going to fail at a holiday.

PeonyTruffle Mon 28-May-18 14:58:59

You really won't fail, I can't understand how they find their holidays enjoyable when even wee breaks are scheduled. The endless lists of stuff, the whole first aid boxes, irons, kettles, bonkers! It's supposed to be fun!

So long as you have the best time ever then you don't need to panic smile

Noeuf Mon 28-May-18 16:54:43

Thank you!

It just makes me worry we will be aimless and lost in queues while everyone else is whizzing past doing stuff!

Plus having a pass to not stand for an hour would make a huge difference, I will take the stuff we have and hope for the best.

PeonyTruffle Mon 28-May-18 17:39:37

Just get a paper map and mark down at the beginning of the trip your must haves (shows to watch, characters to meet, rides etc) and then anything else you manage is a bonus!

Good luck smile

Noeuf Mon 28-May-18 21:11:43

Yes I don't want it not to be fun.

So the plan is to try to get the stuff together I need to apply for an access card.

I still don't really understand the difference and how they work after reading the link though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: