Talk

Advanced search

Moraira Advice/Tips

(6 Posts)
Polgara2 Sat 19-May-18 08:39:51

Have booked a week in Moraira at the end of June. Never been to mainland Spain before but it looks lovely and was recommended. Any tips on places to eat, things to see, where to shop etc? It will probably be the last time dd1 deigns to come with us I feel and I just want us all to have a lovely week together so want to be armed with all the best information! I know it's been mentioned on here lots. There will be me, dh, dd1 (20) and dd2 (17).
Oh and what about car hire - any recommendations for that?
Much appreciated

Polgara2 Sun 20-May-18 17:18:10

Anyone?

Avebury Wed 23-May-18 22:40:55

Have used a company called Javea Autos a few times and would recommend.

Chewbecca Sat 26-May-18 12:19:24

I've been to Moraira quite a few times, we know someone with a place in the hills behind the town. It's nice, there are a lot of brits abroad there but not the stereotypical Benidorm type (though Benidorm actually has a lot to offer!). It is more a 'home from home' area than a typical holiday resort I'd say.

We don't do much when we're there though, just potter about the town, the beach (main beach or round the headland to El Portet is my fave beach), sometimes go for a little drive up to Javea, occasionally as far as Valencia or down to Calpe, Benidorm or Altea, again sometimes as far as Alicante. We've driven into the hills in the past too - to the Jalon valley.

It's very easy living in the area, plenty of car hire available, we just go with the cheapest at the time. Lots of good restaurants but none I would say are a must go to! Sorry not to be more helpful.

Polgara2 Fri 08-Jun-18 17:31:03

I'll have a look at Javea cars thanks
*Avebury.
Chewbecca* that's fine thanks at least you are confirming it as a place to go!
Anyone else?

zolaaa Sat 09-Jun-18 06:58:42

Options is a lovely restaurant... British though rather than traditional Spanish. Grab a table outside in one of the bars by the old ‘castle’ at the seafront. Occasionally they have a stage set up with live music. Definitely recommend a day trip to Valencia... it’s gorgeous! Also have a meal out in javea on the seafront, some of the pizza restaurants are lovely!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: