Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend me a holiday exactly like Salou but not Salou

(10 Posts)
Hamandcheesebaguette Mon 07-May-18 19:33:36

So we just came back from Salou/Barcelona and had a great time (except it was sodding freezing a little bit chilly).

Can anybody recommend anywhere similar for later on in the year? Just me and DP, late twenties however if you imagine DP more as a 10 year old D'S (can tolerate chilling by the pool/beach for a day at most and then he is itching for things to do and complaining he is bored).

Neither of us are really into sightseeing but do enjoy theme parks etc.

Basically... Salou but not Salou grin

We've done Benidorm previously and hopefully Florida next year.

Suggestions gratefully received 😁

DrMadelineMaxwell Mon 07-May-18 19:43:52

We're going back to Salou again this year as we liked it so much and there's so much we didn't get to do last year. So I'd be saying go back and do the things you didn't do and enjoy the theme and water parks in the warmer (boiling hot) weather. smile

But that's probably not helpful.

strongerthan Mon 07-May-18 19:45:08

Mallorca. Plenty to do

penguinsandpanda Tue 08-May-18 08:30:53

FirstChoice have a Splashworld range of hotels which all include waterparks, which are AI and all have pools and entertainment as well, excusions out and other things to do.

Ricekrispie22 Tue 08-May-18 16:30:54

Albufeira in the Algarve. Check out Zoomarine park and Ski Molhado

Ricekrispie22 Tue 08-May-18 16:33:22

Aquashow is also near Albufeira.

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 08-May-18 19:29:41

Nerja. Near Malaga and you can also go to Granada for the day.

midsomermurderess Thu 10-May-18 21:44:30

Valencia.

Starisnotanumber Mon 14-May-18 11:43:30

Sounds like plays de last Americas in Tenerife will fit your requirement. Siam park waterpark a few minutes away most bars are English oriented entertainment in bars free at night lots of singers bands and comedians drag acts etc .
The only thing is out of season it's mainly older people but that doesn't bother us.
It's not all Veronicas strip as seen on TV that's a very small part of the resort.
Eating out is cheap too as well as drinks.

Ohcomeonn Mon 14-May-18 11:49:03

Benalmadena in Spain? It's easy to get to Malaga, Marbella and Gibraltar for a day trip. There's an aquarium in Benalmadena and boat rides.

We went to Salou last year. I'm quite tempted to go again (or maybe stay in Cambrils or La Pineda) as I liked the short flight and we didn't actually do much whilst we were there so still plenty left to do.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: