Talk

Advanced search

European summer (package?) holiday

(8 Posts)
Lotsofplanetshaveanorth Tue 13-Mar-18 16:08:17

I thought there would be lots of threads on this but couldn’t see any... anyone able to help me choose a holiday?

Not normally this flakey but have been overseas for a few years and a bit out of practice.

DH and kids would probably like to do eurocamp but I am burned out so do not want a fortnight of driving! So probably just looking at a naice package to a Greek island.

Kids are 11 and 7, like beaches, swimming, some sport and we’d all like the odd trip out.

Where do I start? I had a look at Neilson but seemed v v pricey.

EveryDayIsLikeMonday Wed 14-Mar-18 07:43:03

Have you looked at sunvil? Also quite pricey, but you might be able to do the same holiday and book directly to save money.

mummymeister Wed 14-Mar-18 07:54:50

the deals on packages all come out a year in advance so you are going to need to search hard to find something of the quality that you want for a cheap price. you might be left with 2 options - bite the bullet and pay the high prices that you find when booking late or go for a villa with car and self cater. places like travel republic and sites like trivago are a good place to start but you aren't realistically going to get a bargain 4 months out from school summer hols.

Lotsofplanetshaveanorth Wed 14-Mar-18 17:55:53

Oh I see - thank you I didn’t realise you had to be that organised! And to be fair we are only now in a position to commit to the summer - we wouldn’t have been able to book any earlier.

I just want something easy and nice.

Self catering is fine (ish) as long as we are somewhere where eating out is an option for perhaps one meal a day.

Will have a look at the suggestions and thanks again

MuminCrete Fri 16-Mar-18 10:35:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Lotsofplanetshaveanorth Fri 16-Mar-18 18:14:59

Sounds great Mumincrete - will have a nose

BarbaraofSevillle Fri 16-Mar-18 22:25:12

Olympic Holidays can be good for Greece.

Or try jet2holidays.

I find B&B in an aparthotel a good compromise. I like a buffet breakfast but not for lunch/dinner. AI hotels that do a carte AI are usually hugely expensive.

Have a big late breakfast in the hotel and eat out once a day. For the other meal, either get chips, pizza slice or big ice cream or have a couple of supermarket trips for bread, cheese, crisps, ham, olives etc as well as the drinks and water.

Cheaper than naice AI but a better experience than buffet AI and you don't have the worry that you are tied to the hotel because you have paid for all meals that you may not enjoy.

Redtartanshoes Fri 16-Mar-18 22:28:03

Lara beach turkey is lovely and you get more for your money than in Europe

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: