Advanced search

Dressing up in the evening

(7 Posts)
Loopyloo97 Tue 13-Mar-18 15:43:13

Hi we are travelling to Spain for Easter and staying in a resort , I'm just wondering do any of you dress up for dinner in the evening?? if so what do you wear?

BuzzKillington Tue 13-Mar-18 15:46:21

It depends on the resort. Does it have an evening dress code? I would slip on a dress for dinner normally, but not be 'dressed up'.

MammaH2018 Tue 13-Mar-18 15:48:38

Usually just a dress or skirt and top, something clean that hasn’t been worn at the pool/beach. Nothing terribly fancy but it’s always nice to freshen up and make the effort on holiday I always think.

Loopyloo97 Tue 13-Mar-18 16:49:17

No real evening dress code just the usual no shorts in the dining area
I can’t seem to find any dresses that are not ott any ideas please ?

reluctantbrit Fri 16-Mar-18 12:22:07

I often wear trousers in the evening. I am not a dress person and prefer a decent pair of cotton slacks and a nice top.

Women normally can also get away with dressy shorts.

It may be quite fresh in the evening anyway, so take a cardigan or light sweater. We went in April to the Canaries and there was def a change between daytime and swimsuit at the beach and evening dinner on a terrace.

LoniceraJaponica Fri 16-Mar-18 23:36:48

The last few times we have been on holiday in the Med I have noticed that people don't really "dress" for dinner. They are less casual than during the day, but not really dressed up either.

FakeMews Sun 18-Mar-18 16:20:08

I do like to dress up a bit in the evening even if others don't, perhaps a long skirt and nice top. Expect it to be cool in the evening at Easter though, so probably not the sort of strappy dress you might wear in summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now