Talk

Advanced search

Short break mid May?

(8 Posts)
JollyGiraffe Wed 07-Mar-18 22:39:47

We're planning a mini break somewhere in Europe in May, but can't decide where to go.

Ideally he would like to go somewhere warm.

I'm fairly easy!

Any cities you loved and would recommend?

Ricekrispie22 Thu 08-Mar-18 05:41:32

My favourite cities in Europe for a mini break are Budapest, Vienna, Prague and Barcelona.

InMySpareTime Thu 08-Mar-18 06:25:34

Florence is nice that time of year, and Amsterdam.

buttermilkwaffles Mon 12-Mar-18 22:39:20

I loved Seville and will definitely be warm in May (but not unbearably hot which it will be in July and August).
devoursevillefoodtours.com/things-seville-may/

BarbaraofSevillle Tue 13-Mar-18 08:28:50

Second the Seville recommendation, can also include a day trip by train to Cordoba. Or Granada (Easyjet have direct flights).

If you can work out the logistics, El Caminito del Rey in the El Chorro mountains is a fantastic experience (we did it as part of a tour - flew to Malaga, drove to campsite near the walk, did walk, drove to Granada and got rid of hire car, couple of days in Granada, train to Seville for 4 nights, day trip to Cordoba, train back to Malaga to fly home, whole thing took a week, so a bit more than a city break.

Re: weather, we did the above in May a few years ago and it was unseasonably hot, literally August weather 40C+ every day scorchio hot. We spent a lot of time lounging about in the shade.

The following May, I noticed it was cool and rainy duing the same week confused.

But realistically, you should get nice comfortably hot sunny weather in Andalucia at that time of year.

Hoppinggreen Tue 13-Mar-18 08:30:01

Nueremberg, Munich, Freiburg, Segovia or Seville

tracelab Tue 13-Mar-18 21:08:38

Amsterdam! It's a glorious time of year in the city. I'm an Amsterdam blogger - lots of ideas and inspiration here:

Www.amsterdamwonderland.com

Always happy to help if you have questions or need advice

Nomad86 Thu 15-Mar-18 15:46:07

We're going to Lisbon, it looks lovely and surprisingly cheap.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: