Talk

Advanced search

Just booked holiday

(14 Posts)
theITgirl Wed 14-Feb-18 21:35:13

Just booked an all inclusive holiday in Turkey for me, DH, DS 17 and DD 14.
Have never done AI before, please tell me it will be OK.
There are masses of activities such as water skiing, sailing etc etc.
But will DH and I cope with either the buffet or paying to eat out as well? There is a small local town.
Or third world problem?

Grufeling Wed 14-Feb-18 21:41:18

Intetested in where you've booked, OP. Have you a link?

Is Turkey now safe to visit?

Hownow39 Wed 14-Feb-18 21:41:58

Which part ?

meandmytinfoilhat Wed 14-Feb-18 21:47:02

I've been AI to Turkey. It was fine, the food was fine. The snack bar in the afternoon was usually chicken nuggets and chips.

Where are you staying in Turkey?

theITgirl Wed 14-Feb-18 22:02:26

Hope this link works
www.tui.co.uk/destinations/europe/turkey/turkey-antalya/belek/hotels/tui-magic-life-waterworld.html
It sounds fantastic, I want to see of I can still waterski and try one of the catamaran courses. DD wants to learn how to scuba dive. DS wants to try wakeboarding and scuba diving. DH wants to cycle to the local bars and avoid the tourists, but not get up in the morning and join us by lunchtime!

Hownow39 Wed 14-Feb-18 22:13:56

Looks nice. Turkey is really nice!

theITgirl Wed 14-Feb-18 22:27:21

Thanks. Normally we book everything separately and have more flexibility.

Awks Wed 14-Feb-18 22:37:35

Looks lovely

noenergy Sun 18-Feb-18 09:45:39

The buffets are so vast in Turkey with lots of variety so u will b fine. There will also be some a la carte restaurants.

Have fun all the activities are what make it a fun holiday

theITgirl Sun 18-Feb-18 18:13:20

Glad to hear that there is a huge range for the buffet. DS & I are more experimental, actually I just want loads of fish, DH will want meat and DD will try new stuff but want the back up of "normal" food.
Getting very excited.

AJPTaylor Sun 18-Feb-18 18:18:38

I did ai a few years ago.
Tbh it was lovely not to be asked every day what we were doing for every meal or handing out euros for every drink.

SJane45S Mon 19-Feb-18 07:38:24

Well, yes it is a 1st world problem but don’t worry about it. Looks nice & your kids will probably have a great time & make friends leaving you lots of time to read books & drink industrial AI alcohol. There’s always pro’s & cons with AI - they don’t benefit the local economy, most places you could literally be anywhere in Europe, the children experience very little of the local culture & if you stick them in kids clubs all day then you all end up having separate holidays. Sorry if that sounds harsh - I’m not a big fan but we do them occasionally as part of a multi centre holiday & I can honestly say my DD has wonderful times at them & it’s all very relaxing and easy.

AwayAndStuffYourself Sat 24-Feb-18 18:32:11

We did two weeks AI in Turkey last year, was fab. Buffet was great and cocktails round the pool every day. Could have genuinely not spent a penny if we hadn't wanted to. Was bliss.

theITgirl Sun 25-Feb-18 14:31:25

Thanks for everybody's comments. It looks like we will all have fun.
I know that we will be hidden from the local culture to a certain extent. However we will also leave the complex and wander into the local town etc, it's only 2km so can do it easily on foot or by bike.
Besides the kids (both teens) probably deserve a break from culture, last year was Venice and Florence and the year before Japan. Both holidays that they enjoyed but not your typical 2 weeks in the sun.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: