Talk

Advanced search

Any accommodation suggestions in or near Amsterdam for family of 4?

(10 Posts)
Homemadehopeful Tue 13-Feb-18 14:06:56

Looking at booking a short break in Amsterdam for me, DH, & DC who will be 12 & 13. Ideally we want to be close to city as we definitely want to visit Anne Frank's house, Van Gogh museum etc but if there are accommodation options that are much cheaper outside of Amsterdam then we would consider that.
Ideally I want a Premier Inn equivalent as we have always had a good experience with them without breaking the bank!!
TIA

Ricekrispie22 Tue 13-Feb-18 16:14:22

We liked Movenpick because the family rooms are actually made up of an interconnecting double and twin which meant that we weren't all in the same space. We could talk and have the light on once the kids were asleep! A good option for tweens who appreciate as both you and they get some privacy!

tracelab Wed 14-Feb-18 18:41:38

I'm an Amsterdam blogger and have written a post on Family Friendly Accommodation at all price levels. Loads of other advice on the blog as well. Let me know if I can help with anything x

https://amsterdamwonderland.com/2016/06/16/family-friendly-accommodation-in-amsterdam/

Jimjam68 Thu 15-Feb-18 23:09:27

www.hotelsebastians.nl/en/
We stayed here in a family room. Nice little hotel (think breakfast was free for kids), great location near Anne Franks house. Fairly reasonably priced compared to a lot of Amsterdam hotels. People rave about it on TripAdvisor!

whiteroseredrose Thu 15-Feb-18 23:21:48

Noting that Jimjam. I couldn't find any reasonably priced accommodation in Amsterdam so I gave up.

whiteroseredrose Thu 15-Feb-18 23:33:33

Gosh, €300+ per night for 4 people! I've just paid €270 for 4 nights for 4 people in Florence, right in the centre. Similar for Rome last Easter. I think Amsterdam is out of our price range for a while. It used to be really cheap.

BobbyGentry Thu 15-Feb-18 23:37:14

Airbnb have good options, there’s a house boat in the Jordaan District which looks like fun!

shivs1974 Fri 16-Feb-18 20:25:20

We stayed at Hotel Aalders two years ago.
All in one room but it was fairly central in the Museum Quarter. We headed straight to Anne Frank on our first night. Not the cheapest city but definitely worth a visit.

https://hotelaalders.nl/

parttimebarstaff Fri 16-Feb-18 20:40:34

We stayed here https://www.droomparken.com/spaarnwoude/ a few years ago as a family of four. It was fab, much cheaper than staying in central Amsterdam and the train station was around a 15/20 minute walk away.

Efferlunt Fri 16-Feb-18 20:49:16

We stayed in a family home in the suburbs which we found on air B and B (the family rented it out when they were away for half term) we had access to their bikes and it was a 20 min cycle ride into the city centre. Was great fun.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: