Talk

Advanced search

Where to go with 2DC (8&6) on my own in August?

(4 Posts)
TickledOnion Sun 11-Feb-18 22:04:54

I am keenly aware that I cannot compete with exH's holidays. In the past he has taken our DCs to luxury resorts in Majorca and Portugal. They always have the "best time ever" with him. This year he is taking them to Florida for 2 weeks. hmm

For the past 3 years I have gone self catering with DCs and my parents. It has been a nice break for me as DM does most of the cooking and DF does most of the driving, but it has been a bit boring for my DCs as we go to places in the middle of nowhere with no other kids to play with and very little entertainment.

So this year I want to take them on my own to a resort somewhere hot, all inclusive with kids club, pools and entertainment in the last week of August. What can I expect to pay for that? And where should I look?

juneau Tue 13-Feb-18 11:11:25

What's your budget OP? Something like Eurocamp would tick most of the boxes you mention and it's a lot less expensive than an AI hotel. If you want to go all out then check out Thomson Sensatori, Mark Warner, Club Med, etc. There used to be a travel reviews section on MN, but it's disappeared. I've got many ideas from there over the years ...

Brighteyes27 Tue 13-Feb-18 12:26:43

I think Euro Camp would suit or depending on budget maybe try Club or Clube Humbria in the Algarve I haven’t stayed there but it has good reviews and is owned by 3HB who are very good. Or Bonaire in Cala Bona both AI and have some splash facilities for children the same age as yours.
Or the Iberostar hotels are meant to be good.

Brighteyes27 Tue 13-Feb-18 12:27:23

I wouldn’t try to compete with DH but just do something enjoyable that you and your kids would like.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: