Talk

Advanced search

Menora accommodation advice.

(9 Posts)
Natalie2900 Sun 11-Feb-18 17:22:41

Hello..

Have booked a family holiday to Menorca. Have booked at Marinda Garden Hotel - am now looking at other places.

Can anybody recommend any places they have stayed good and bad?

Not bothered about it being a certain place. just want this holiday to be perfect its first holiday in 8 years!! My 6 year old first ever holiday! And my 4 month old sons first too.

Any advice welcome! Just fretting about it being awful and hating the accommodation.

I like clean and modern with slides etc for my daughter.

Chrisinthemorning Tue 13-Feb-18 19:26:10

Zafiro Menorca is very nice, we went in May.

Natalie2900 Wed 14-Feb-18 16:32:33

Thats the hotel I've been looking at. £700 more than where we have booked! Looks so so nice tho!

how was the weather in May? This is when we are going and I have no idea what clothes to pack incased its cold. We arrive 19th May.

DownstairsMixUp Wed 14-Feb-18 16:46:16

Following as I'm going to son bou playa gold in June so would like to know about the area weather etc

Natalie2900 Wed 14-Feb-18 17:10:47

If you put in google Minorca weather may and look for website called accuweather - you can go back to 2017 weather and see what it was like when you are going. I know each year is different but I don’t think it’ll change much. It was 29 last year when I’m going in may! So fingers crossed!!

Natalie2900 Wed 14-Feb-18 17:20:34

Last year June temperature for Menorca

Chrisinthemorning Wed 14-Feb-18 18:55:42

We went on 20th. I was worried about the weather and packed fleeces and waterproof jackets but it was lovely- sundresses all week. The main pool was too cold for me but the kids pirate ship pool was warm.
We liked the hotel. We self catered, took cereal and had that and fruit for breakfast, bought rolls etc for lunch and ate out in the Marina in the evening, so can’t comment on the food but they did nice cocktails!
DS who was nearly 5 when we went loved the kids club. It was 10-1 so we had a nice morning lying in the sun, lunch together and then afternoon at the pool with DS.
We had the privilege apartment which had a little garden with a hammock and loungers and really liked this.

Natalie2900 Thu 15-Feb-18 10:18:26

Oh lovely. Im going 19th so same time! I cant wait now..need some sun!!

Will deffo pack some fleeces though as you never know.
Thankyou xxx

MaryPoppinsStoleMyHandbag Mon 19-Feb-18 20:42:08

I went late last May to menorca with DD who was 10 months at the time and I think it averaged 27/28. Was still hot in the evenings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now