Talk

Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

All inclusive in August

(6 Posts)
holycityzoo Sat 10-Feb-18 13:52:50

I'm trying to find an all inclusive holiday for me, dp and four dc (13,7,4 and 3) in August.
I'd like somewhere in Europe kid friendly but not totally focused on them so things like holiday villages aren't really what I'm looking for. They don't need kids clubs as they won't go in and are happy around the pool or beach.
I'd like somewhere chilled where I don't have to set an alarm to get a sunbed (yes I'm looking at you holiday village Majorcahmm)

I quite like the idea of a Greek island but I'm not that fussy about where except Turkey as we are going in May.

Has anyone been anywhere good that they would recommend?

Ricekrispie22 Sat 10-Feb-18 19:04:12

It sounds like you'd enjoy a two or three bedroom apartment at this hotel in Sardinia www.hotelcaladifalco.com/en/
Here's an independent review of it
www.takethefamily.com/destinations/europe/italy/sardinia/cala-di-falco
It was so civilised and felt like a real escape. The children were happy in their children's pool and we were happy knowing that they could splash and shriek as much as they wanted without upsetting any snooty adults, who could enjoy a different pool tucked away.
There are three restaurants, one of which is a pizzeria grill so there was always something child-friendly, but on the last night we went to the posher one and the children were warmly welcomed by the waiting staff.
The children got good use of the playground but also appreciated the large grassy gardens for some impromptu games of hide and seek or football with other children
The resort faces a stretch of coastline that is full of little bays and beaches of fine white sand such as the one at Mannena, which can be reached using the shuttle bus service directly from the resort. It's close to the main town centre which has evening markets, shops and a harbour, all within walking distance. We enjoyed a gentle stroll to take a look at things.

holycityzoo Sat 10-Feb-18 19:24:54

Ricekrispie that does look lovely can you do an all inclusive option?
The main reason we want to do all in is it costs an absolute fortune to feed and provide drinks for everyone!!

Hersetta427 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:02:09

We went to a splashworld in majorca in October half term and I was pleasantly surprised as we using only pick 5 star hotels but just wanted a cheap 4 day break - it was the Globales bougainvillea. Thing I liked was the water park didn't open till 10 and gates were locked before then so no reserving sun beds at 6am !! The hotel runs a free shuttle bus to the beach in sa coma 10 minuets away. Decent all inclusive though nothing is going to be cheap in August.

Ricekrispie22 Sun 11-Feb-18 13:59:15

We got half-board (breakfast and dinner). We booked though www.sardatur-holidays.co.uk/italy-hotels/sardinia/cannigione/resort-cala-di-falco
I'm not sure if half board is an option for those staying in apartments. This is what it says on the website
'Guests staying in the residence and villas at the Resort Cala di Falco can book breakfast and dinner in one of the resort’s two restaurants or in the pizzeria-grill directly in the hotel (subject to availability) with the option of taking advantage of weekly package offers (services with extra charge).'

I had originally suggested an apartment because I thought it would be the only way of accommodating all six of you. However, I've since looked and it is possible for all of you to stay in the hotel in a senior suite.

Senior Suite: Bedroom with double bed (twin beds on request) with door leading to a lounge area with two single sofa beds or built in sofa bed. Additional bedroom with twin beds. Capable of accommodating up to 4 adults and 2 children aged up to 13 years. Sea view with supplement.

FakeMews Sun 11-Feb-18 17:20:30

How about Cyprus? They do some lovely large AI hotels. I think your DC are the age where AI is a godsend.
We went to the Olympic Lagoon which is also very near a water park.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: