Talk

Advanced search

On my own In October

(10 Posts)
stoneagemum Fri 09-Feb-18 21:14:03

Where can I go AI in October on my own where I can just relax for 5 days in the warmth on a low budget?
I would like some sort of interesting area to walk around and be comfortable to sit outside in a te-shirt and shorts
Ideas please as I have not been abroad since I was a teen, this is my treat to myself for growing children to adulthood on my own.

GreyGardens88 Sat 10-Feb-18 10:54:36

Corfu

juneau Sat 10-Feb-18 13:00:55

When in Oct? Early Oct will be warmer and give you more choices than later, although of course the weather is variable and can be lovely all through Oct in southern Spain, Balearics, etc. Cyprus is still nice in Oct, although we had a couple of cool, rainy days last year in the Oct half-term. I'd probably fly to Malaga and stay somewhere along the coast in one of the nice towns. You could do that very inexpensively, as long as it's not half-term week.

borntobequiet Sat 10-Feb-18 15:40:52

I travel a lot on my own and last October went to Lisbon, one of the nicest breaks I've had. Loads to do including day trips by train down the coast and into the hills. The year before I went to Essaouira in Morocco, almost as enjoyable but a different experience.

jocktamsonsbairn Tue 13-Feb-18 00:18:00

Rhodes town - mediaeval town and a beach! Mitsis hotels have a lovely AI hotel there.

poppym12 Mon 19-Feb-18 10:23:35

I've recently spent 10 wonderful solitary days in tenerife. I stayed in Los Cristianos but in a hotel that seemed a million miles away from the hustle and bustle. There's not much to do around the area and its geared towards the more getting old like me mature person but to just relax, eat and stroll about it was great.

poppym12 Mon 19-Feb-18 10:25:05

Ah, sorry just seen that you asked for low budget and AI. This wasn't either. I was full board but as I only drink water and coffer it wasn't an issue.

Crispbutty Mon 19-Feb-18 10:26:42

Lanzarote

SlothMama Mon 19-Feb-18 10:36:00

Nice, cheap flights and you could find cheap accommodation on air b&b. The South of France is lovely, there's plenty of other towns to explore such as Cannes, St Tropez etc

NameChangeDestroyer Mon 19-Feb-18 11:20:21

I stayed at La Geria Hotel in Lanzarote a few years ago. I went with friends, and stayed on a B&B basis, but I remember thinking it would be a good place to go alone on an AI basis (we had a couple of dinners there and they were nice for AI). It's in a very quiet resort, hotel was also quiet, beach is opposite hotel with about 20 restaurants/bars/shops near by. Its about a 20 minute walk into Puerto del Carmen (main resort, busy but beach is nice). Pleasant walk, mixture of sea views and shops/bars. Also short taxi ride into Arrecife (nice restaurants at the harbour and shops to visit). Hotel has entertainment if that's your thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now