Talk

Advanced search

landal het vennenbos

(7 Posts)
teabag20048 Wed 07-Feb-18 15:03:53

Anyone been here? Reviews say tired accommodation? Looks very much like centerparcs. Was wondering how to get there, nearest airport? Drive? and whether temperatures in August would be bearable? Thanks

snowgirl1 Wed 07-Feb-18 23:31:19

We went to Het Vennenbos a few years ago - it was our first Centerparcs type holiday and we loved it (as well as all the usual CP type activities, there are red squirrels around the park which are soo adorable). I guess the accommodation is a little bit tired, but not rundown and we don't generally go on this type of holiday for luxurious accommodation.

We went over via Eurotunnel and then drove from Calais - if I remember rightly it was about 3 hours or so.

I'd recommend Het Vennenbos. I can't comment on the temperatures as we went at Easter. Can't imagine it would be much different from SE England.

padsi1975 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:07:03

Watching with interest as I just booked it. Then a Dutch colleague told me that the accommodation is really tired and the other parks are nicer. Feeling a bit panicky and disappointed now.

rosybell Sat 10-Feb-18 23:36:54

We went last May half term. It was 25 degrees plus every day (this was maybe unusual?!)
The swimming pool is fantastic- the kids loved it. Plus it wasn't busy - no queues for flumes etc.
The accommodation is basic yes - but the setting is pretty.

Close to Efteling too which is a great day out. Don't feel panicky - im sure you will have a lovely time.

padsi1975 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:12:25

Thanks Rosybell, you have made me feel a lot better! Happy Monday.

padsi1975 Mon 12-Feb-18 10:13:33

Teabag we are going to drive. Eurotunnel (with Tesco vouchers) quite cheap, it's only about a 3 hour drive from Calais so just going to give it a go.

teabag20048 Mon 12-Feb-18 21:34:07

I just looked again there are some refurbished accommodation that looks very nice. Just got to get DH on board with looking into holidays! Padsi1975. I am sure you will have a fab holiday, enjoy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now