Talk

Advanced search

Self catering in Med August

(5 Posts)
Gwiffif Mon 05-Feb-18 21:10:13

I know I am late to the party this year but I am after suggestions and recommendations for self catering holiday or accommodation for 2 weeks in August. Not set on location as long as there is a pool and access to a beach. Will be me, DH and our two sons who will be 6 and 4. Ideally would like 2 bedrooms. Hit me with your recommendations or ideas. Thanks

Brighteyes27 Tue 06-Feb-18 09:16:25

Lots of holiday threads on here do you have any areas you wouldn’t consider or would prefer more than others?
Personally I would chose a short flight tine, short transfer time from a local airport with children of 6 and 4.
Majorca, Menorca or Algarve.

Ricekrispie22 Tue 06-Feb-18 16:39:09

I love this resort because it's reasonable and yet feels so upmarket. No Brits requesting pie, chips and gravy or getting drunk and rowdy, no 'plastics' who are there only to get a tan whilst little Chardonnay plays in he pool. It's a very Mumsnet resort.
www.pierreetvacances.com/gb-en/fp_FUE_self-catering-holiday-village-fuerteventura-origo-mare?season=WINTER&hc=FUE12&duree=7&dated=2018-05-12&nba=2&nbc=0&nbb=0#page
LARGE water park
Age appropriate kids clubs.
Really handy for the airport
Morning and afternoon shuttle buses to two beaches.
Clean, light and airy apartments which are well equipped, modern and not too overlooked.
Regional culture evenings offering talks about the local area and sampling local produce
bread and pastry delivery by request
Choice of two restaurants
Small onsite shop
Games room with pool, air hockey and video games
Bike hire
Nearby zoo

Gwiffif Wed 07-Feb-18 12:43:03

Thanks Krispie, will look at that resort. If the area/accommodation is right I am not too bothered where we go.

In the last couple of years we have visited Algarve and Spain. I am quite keen on seeing Greece or Italy but there is no where I would not consider if someone has a recommendation. Will have a more detailed trawl through this thread tonight, had a look through the last few pages.

Thanks for your responses

Brighteyes27 Thu 08-Feb-18 22:05:57

Maybe try s/c and eating out at night in a private let at Carvoeiro Monte Dourado complex or in Alvor Vila Da Praia.
Or much more main stream would be Bonaire in Cala Bona AI nice food (no wiping tables cleaning up cooking or meal planning), enough to keep the kids occupied. But might be too Brit abroad for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now