Talk

Advanced search

Binibeca, Menorca. Anyone been ?

(30 Posts)
AnyFucker Thu 18-Jan-18 19:20:46

Liking the look of it. We like traditional, quiet, Spanish, scenic.

PerfumeIsAMessage Thu 18-Jan-18 20:42:40

It's definitely a quieter bit of Menorca, not that anywhere in Menorca is overrun. I went donkeys years ago and it was just self catering villas and apartments back then and very quiet. I went to Menorca last year and because I like quiet too I searched for Binibeca but wanted a Thomson package so ended up in Cala Galdana.

PS I told YOU ages ago you needed to go to Salamanca, have you been yet? You were having a special birthday and wanted a city break iirc! (namechanged blabla) grin

mashpot Thu 18-Jan-18 20:48:23

Yes, last summer. We really liked it. Not too busy, although the beaches were busy, and enough restaurants and bars for us. There’s a water park too if you like that kind of thing.

AnyFucker Thu 18-Jan-18 21:16:49

Erk, no not Salamanca. We went to Barcelona for my big birthday in the end 😁. Maybe one day. Seville will be my next city break.

TheFairyCaravan Thu 18-Jan-18 21:21:52

We’ve visited it twice.It gets really busy. Coach load upon coach load of tourists are dropped off to look round each day. When we were there in September 13 coaches were in the car park.

Menorca is lovely. It’s really small and pretty and very easy to get around. We’re probably going back in June.

AnyFucker Thu 18-Jan-18 21:38:57

June for us too. Looking at a villa in Biniancoller a short distance from Binibeca.

Mallowmarshmallow Thu 18-Jan-18 21:58:02

We've got a villa booked for June.

We haven't been before but friends went last year and recommended it. We are staying an eight minute walk from the beach, there's a little land train, plenty of family friendly restaurants......

We're hiring a car too so we can travel around a bit too.

AnyFucker Thu 18-Jan-18 22:10:36

Same 'ere 😀

poppym12 Thu 18-Jan-18 22:18:17

First place I took my sweet little boy on a big plane holiday when he was 2. It was a nice, quiet place. He's 18 now and not sweet at all but im sure Binibeca is still nice.

AnyFucker Fri 19-Jan-18 00:23:57

Haha I have an 18yo too and he is not invited..

Bellini12 Fri 19-Jan-18 19:58:31

We went in August. Lovely place with some good restaurants down on the sea front in the cliffs. But the beach was mobbed - we gave it a miss after the second attempt!

AnyFucker Fri 19-Jan-18 20:38:00

Hoping June will be quieter. Or will head off in the car to a quiet spot.

AnyFucker Sat 20-Jan-18 14:25:00

It's booked 😎

Paddingtonthebear Sun 21-Jan-18 13:08:23

I went there for a day on a land train, but stayed less than two hours and left. Nothing to do. We were in Punta Prima which is nearby resort. Small, nothing to do really there either. I wouldn’t go back to Menorca.

Paddingtonthebear Sun 21-Jan-18 13:09:37

No idea where the restaurants and bars were in binibeca! Surprised to read that. We couldn’t find anything apart from a couple of cafes

battenbergbutterfly Sun 21-Jan-18 13:12:33

It's beautiful, family friendly and my favourite place on this earth

AnyFucker Sun 21-Jan-18 13:19:20

We might like different types of holidays, Paddington

There being "nothing to do" is exactly what I like

Lovelymonkeyninetynine Sun 21-Jan-18 13:25:08

Yes I went last June. It’s fab, felt quite quiet and some lovely restaurants to be had. Enjoy x

Dozer Sun 21-Jan-18 19:58:21

Really disliked it: found it a tourist trap, not picturesque relative to the images and other places we’d been, and the tiny supermarkets cost 3x more than London prices. Nice villa and blue skies though!

AnyFucker Sun 21-Jan-18 20:17:12

The villa we have is above Cala Torret, outside Binibeca. We will be touring around. Looking forward to exploring Menorca.

mashpot Mon 22-Jan-18 07:05:34

There’s a little square with a fab bakery that turns into a bar in the evening and a nice restaurant called Na Rosa.

Our favourite beach was Es Mercadal and although it’s other end of the island Ciutadella is gorgeous. Mahon is also lovely.

We went to the beach at Punta Prima once but it was horrible- very busy, packed with loungers, not our scene. Different strokes for different folks!

There’s a huge supermarket between the airport and Binibeca

Coconutty Mon 22-Jan-18 07:10:58

Minorca is lovely, ciududella is fab, as are all the private covers and beaches you can find when out exploring in a car.

Notthisnotthat Mon 22-Jan-18 07:23:51

Cala Toret is where we first went on holiday to in the 80s, so beautiful and quiet too. There were about 3 restaurants overlooking the water, one called Derek and Philips, and a lovely little shop called Sa topa. We looked at going this summer for our first holiday abroad in years but the flights from Scotland were so expensive. No actual advice for you, just some happy reminiscing for me.

RJnomore1 Mon 22-Jan-18 08:40:21

We spent a day in menorca last summer and fell a bit in love. Quiet and mostly unspoilt compared to Mallorca. Make sure to get some of the local gin.

Going to Ibiza this year!

Greenteandchives Mon 22-Jan-18 08:43:37

We had a villa there a few years ago. It was beautiful but we got robbed when we were all in the pool and someone sneaked in through the open French doors. Lesson learned.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: