Talk

Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

Easter hols - searching for sunshine

(9 Posts)
canary1 Wed 17-Jan-18 23:37:27

Hoping to go away for school Easter hols , but wondering where is warm and near? When I look up stuff like Italy, Balearics, the stats indicate quite low daily average temps. Has anyone been to Sicily, Balearics, Italy, Spain, Portugal at that time of year? Or do you really need to go as far as the Canaries.....pricier and flight twice as long ....
love to hear of your experiences at that time of year....

LeMesmer Thu 18-Jan-18 00:05:02

Italy can be a bit hit and miss at that time of year. It is usually warm, 20 to 25 degrees in the south but it may not be sunny. Further north not as warm but still nice. That said we have had a few holidays on Lake Garda at Easter and have always had nice sunny weather (probably lucky), but not warm enough to swim in the lake or outside pool. Any of those places though I think you are pretty much guaranteed warmer weather than the UK.

canary1 Thu 18-Jan-18 23:42:44

Thanks for that- the flights seem such good value also, but I expect it’s because the weather isn’t guaranteed by any means...... think we will take a chance and keep fingers crossed... and any will be brighter than uk! Thanks so much

PerfumeIsAMessage Fri 19-Jan-18 06:25:23

I am in the south of Italy. Easter is early this year and tbh, you're as likely to find snow as heat. It's totally unpredictable till May really. My Mum came one April and we were knee deep in snow and the following year a week later we were on the beach.

If you want guaranteed heat, you probably need to go even further south, maybe southern Spain, Canaries, Cyprus, Madeira etc.

pombal Fri 19-Jan-18 06:30:49

April in Portugal is know as the month of ‘chuvas mil’ - a thousand rains grin

It really can go either way at that time of year down in this part of the world.

I don’t know what to suggest - Cape Verde islands maybe - further south than the canaries.

iamred Sun 28-Jan-18 15:53:15

Egypt?

billybullshitterz1 Mon 05-Feb-18 19:25:38

I love a break at Easter! Went to Majorca two years ago and had one beach day. Rest of the time was freezing Have done Morocco at Easter which was in the low thirties. Trying Malta this year and temps should be in the 20's

Loopyloo97 Tue 06-Feb-18 20:45:23

We have been to Amadores in April the good weather is guaranteed . One year we decided on a change and went to Lanzarote it was very chilly in April
This Easter we are going to Feuterventura we went last year and it was glorious enough for our child to go swimming in the pool

Cawanaka Thu 08-Feb-18 19:11:20

Morocco!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: