Talk

Advanced search

Brittany Normandy or Loire?

(9 Posts)
mumma24 Sat 13-Jan-18 09:41:27

Any recommendations please for a week away. Would love to explore France but also need to keep 2 teenagers entertained. Can be gite or mobile, home, lodge. (not tents)

Thank you

Ricekrispie22 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:32:24

The CentreParcs in France manage to be better but more reasonably priced than those in the UK! By better I mean more spacious, relaxed, peaceful, clean and some unusual activities.

Ricekrispie22 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:33:01

What sort of things do you enjoy doing and what's your budget?

jenpetronus Sat 13-Jan-18 15:58:31

I'd second centerparcs. We've been a few times to the Normandy one.

I live in South Brittany, near Vannes, and have had a gite here since 2007. We're pretty much full up already, but I'm happy to help with the area if it looks like somewhere you'd fancy

oldiebutgoodie Sat 13-Jan-18 16:02:20

Grande Metarie in Carnac, Brittany. Our teens and their mates loved it there.

frenchfancy Sat 13-Jan-18 16:04:16

I'm going to add to the options and suggest the south Vendee. Easy to get to, great weather. Get a gite with a pool and visit the water park, Indian forest adventure park, the Puy du Fou as well as the beaches and La Rochelle.

mumma24 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:28:37

Great, thank you everyone. I'm just off to explore these options. Kids would enjoy shopping, tennis, swimming, games, bowling, eating out, hiring bikes, kayaking, theme parks etc. We like historic towns, countryside, walking, nature, gardens, shops, French markets, etc

mumma24 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:33:31

Oldie but goodie who did you book with please

Brighteyes27 Sat 20-Jan-18 18:27:16

frenchfancy - have you settled on a holiday yet and if so where did you book please and with which company.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: