Talk

Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

Holiday ideas

(12 Posts)
niceandspicey Wed 13-Dec-17 18:23:17

Ok so I have persuaded OH that a hot holiday would be good for us all after a terrible year. We both get rather overfaced when it comes to actually booking holiday though so I can imagine it not happening. I’d really really like it to happen though and was wondering if anyone had an specific resort recommendations that would meet our needs....

Max 3 hour flight
2 adult & 1 2 year old
Minimum connection between hotel & airport (I can’t remember the name for this but of the holiday)
All inclusive
Excellent gym with fab fitness classsz
Excellent golf
Excellent kids play stuff (not crèche, but stuff to do)
Hoping to go end jan/ Feb
Good climate- shorts & tshirts hopefully

Does such a thing/ place/ holiday exist? I like to think we’d fill our days by going to pool/ park/ me going to gym for an hour or so and OH playing 9 holes each day.

Would really welcome any ideas
Thank you smile

Rainshowers Wed 13-Dec-17 23:10:03

I'd imagine (assuming you're in the UK) you'll be lucky to find somewhere within a 3 hour flight in Jan/Feb where you can wear shorts and tshirt. I think the closest place it might be possible is the Canary Islands (4 hour flight). If you could hold out a few months you might have a bit more choice.

In my experience the packing and being at the airport is the stressful part of travelling with kids, so a 3 vs 5 hour flight wouldn't really make much of a different to me!

Costacoffeeplease Wed 13-Dec-17 23:36:47

A 3 hour flight in jan/Feb isn’t going to give you hot temperatures. I live in the algarve and we have one of the best climates in mainland Europe, but not shorts and t shirts at that time of year

niceandspicey Thu 14-Dec-17 07:27:07

Ah ok.
Thanks for your replies.
This shows how much I know!
Ok, so if a 4 hour flight was ok, what about suggestions then? Or is it a matter of waiting a few months for the canaries to be warmer??
Thank you x

Costacoffeeplease Thu 14-Dec-17 07:54:24

The canaries are your best, nearest, bet for warm weather in winter - or Cape Verde, but I don’t know if that will provide all the facilities you mention as it’s still a fairly new holiday destination

niceandspicey Thu 14-Dec-17 08:08:13

Thank you.
So am wondering if anyone can recommend specific resorts/ hotels?
Thank you x

mummymeister Thu 14-Dec-17 10:19:50

I think you need to tie down a country and then people will then give more detailed help.

so if you say went for Cyprus first thing to do is go onto the accuweather site and look at what the temps were in Feb 2017 so you get an idea of what they will be like this year. If its not warm enough then you might have to consider somewhere even further afield as from what you are describing you are looking for mid 70's.

The type of facilities you want means you are looking high end so I would be googling luxury resorts once you have picked the country you want.

My fil goes to the canaries in Feb and whilst its warm its not shorts and t shirts. you would need florida for that sort of weather.

once you have a country or a few countries you can use the mumsnet search bar to find other threads on them. the cape verde ones are not very positive so would suggest you didn't think about that. look at places further away like Sri Lanka. finally if you really are not the best at organising holidays then go and see a face to face travel agent. they will have all the details at their fingertips. you don't have to book with them but it might give you more information.

niceandspicey Thu 14-Dec-17 10:42:34

Ok 👍 thanks Mummy that’s great. Good tips to get me started... appreciate your help

Ricekrispie22 Thu 14-Dec-17 17:29:46

Balaia Golf Village Hotel in the Algarve

This is a review for one of the self-catering villas at the hotel, but most of it is relevant to the whole complex. It appears to tick all of your boxes. www.awaywiththekids.co.uk/family-holidays/child-friendly-villa-algarve

LadyPenelopeCantDance Thu 14-Dec-17 17:41:01

Have a look at Lopesan Boabab Resort. I’ve never been but know someone who really rates it. It sounds like it might fit your brief if you’re willing to fly a bit longer to the Canaries.

niceandspicey Thu 14-Dec-17 17:46:14

Amazing- thank you Rice and Lady

Will get googling!

So helpful smile

Elmosmum Mon 18-Dec-17 17:39:01

I'm in The canaries now and it is a mixture of sunny and bloody freezing- jan/feb would be colder, best think further afield or wait a bit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: