Talk

Advanced search

Sani resort - Porto or Sani beach?!

(11 Posts)
studentvera Wed 13-Dec-17 17:42:32

Can anyone who has been tell me if Sani beach or Porto Sani would be better for a 2 and 4 year old? Can't decide!
Would love any inside info.
Thank you!

Rainshowers Wed 13-Dec-17 17:52:06

Following as we're considering this for next year with a 4 year old and a baby and I've been trying to work out which one would be best. Want to take advantage before DD starts school in September and we're stuck with school holiday prices!

studentvera Thu 14-Dec-17 10:48:29

Yes we are exactly the same but need some help deciding which?!

Joneseygirl77 Sat 16-Dec-17 07:47:02

We’ve been to Sani Beach for the past 2 years and I’ve also had a couple of friends go to Porto. I’d say Porto is more luxurious but we prefer the set up at Sani Beach with little ones. There are 3 pools at beach including one for children and you also have the beach by the pool.

We’ve upgraded our room to a one bed suite which allows DD have her own room. I think all the rooms at Porto have suites as standard. We don’t tend to eat at Sani Beach as prefer to eat at the restaurants in the marina. I personally think Sani Beach is better for under 5s mainly due to the swimming pools and being next to the beach.

Helipad Wed 20-Dec-17 21:56:10

We've stayed in both Porto Sani and Sani Beach Hotel. What ever you choose, the whole Sani resort is wonderful and you'll have a great holiday.

But I think Sani Beach is a lot better value and easier with little kids. Both are very luxurious, the main difference is that all the accommodation at Porto is one and two beds suites, scattered around the area whereas Sani Beach has various hotel rooms. At porto there is only one pool but Sani has three as well as an easy access to two beaches. There is a beach section for Porto guests only but you have to walk through the suites and the marina to get there.

I hope we can go back to Sani soon, all three holidays were so lovely, our Ds were really small but they have thought about everything which made the holiday so relaxing.

croon979 Sat 30-Dec-17 18:20:14

Also looking at Sani for next year. We like trying different restaurants usually so would be interested on any views on board deals (noting that there seems to be some kind of dine around option). Would bb, hb or fb be better value?

Joneseygirl77 Sat 30-Dec-17 19:36:38

We’ve only ever done HB- considered FB this year but didn’t feel we would make the most of it. We always have lunch in one of the marina bars or beach bars- mainly just a sandwich or salad.
The dine around allowance of 20euros can be used in the majority of the restaurants for evening meals. The main hotel restaurants offer a good buffet selection for dinner however we prefer to eat somewhere different every night. Some of the marina restaurants have a set menu for the 20euros whereas others just deduct the 20euros off the bill. The drinks are expensive though across all of the resort.
Our bill for a week was around £600 for drinks/lunches/coffees. Hope that helps!

croon979 Tue 02-Jan-18 21:31:18

That is really helpful, thanks Jonesey. One final question, I have discounted Porto Sani but am now torn between Sani Beach and Sani Club - any recommendations between these two options? Many thanks

Joneseygirl77 Wed 03-Jan-18 21:43:40

I can’t really comment on Sani club as we haven’t stayed there. It is supposed to be very nice however it is more out of the way at the end of the peninsula. I’m not sure if you walk from the marina to it along the beach or if you have to get a beach buggy. The other 4 hotels are far closer to the marina and the bars/ restaurants.
Sani Beach was refurbished in 2016 so it is immaculate and it’s a 5min walk to the marina.

talllikejerryhall Wed 03-Jan-18 21:47:50

We went to Sani Village in 2013 and LOVED it! Really beautiful though try to go for rooms on floors closer to ground as they were nicer and more spacious and luxurious - honestly thought it was a wonderful family resort - kids club was excellent

Lifeonrepeat Mon 08-Jan-18 08:21:57

Do look at both Ikos Oceania and Ikos Olivia which are close to Sani. They are all run by the same people that run Sani and are beautiful. Many people who have also been to Sani resorts prefer Ikos. You don't pay extra for anything as everyone has the Infinite Lifestyle package. We used to order superb bottles of wine for the room and all restaurants are overseen by Michelin chefs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: