Talk

Advanced search

Is it too late to get a good deal for May 2018?

(4 Posts)
bottersnikes Tue 28-Nov-17 14:49:32

We've not taken our kids (young teens) abroad before - a combination of work, financial and health reasons - but think that next year, we might be able to.
I've seen on other threads that flight prices are cheapest when they're first released, so I fear we may have missed the boat for May half-term. Is it too late to get a good deal? We could stretch to about £2.5K for a week.
We were hoping to get to Greece, but if this going to prove too expensive, does anyone have other recommendations? We'd like sun, and the possibility of swimming in the sea, and the occasional cultural day out. We think we'd prefer half-board / B & B rather than AI or self-catering, and somewhere on the quieter side, so no massive hotel complexes.

BarbaraofSevillle Wed 29-Nov-17 11:32:38

Anything at jet2holidays? They might have free child places and do villas as well as hotels. Enter your requirements in the deals section and see what comes up (doesn't have to be late for a deal, it's just the easiest way to search and customise your requirements in my experience).

www.jet2holidays.com/deal-finder?board=2_4_1&airport=1_3&date=26-05-2018&destination=95_97_98_103_1364&duration=7&flexibility=0&feature=&minprice=0&rating=5_4_3_2&sort=1&page=1&pagesize=25

mummymeister Wed 29-Nov-17 17:33:05

I took our teens to crete and it was lovely. you would be better off pulling together the holiday yourself. you can pick up a decent villa and then add in the flights.

homeaway, ownersdirect and airbnb all have villas on still.

you can always go out for breakfast every day. we stayed in Elounda and it was lovely.

Hersetta427 Thu 30-Nov-17 14:05:34

I would look at Turkey. The weather is better and the prices lower than the greek islands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now