Talk

Advanced search

Summer holiday with teens! Where's good?

(10 Posts)
anneyc Fri 24-Nov-17 16:59:57

Help! I need inspiration.
The kids will be: boy-12, boy-14 and girl-15.
Hubby and I like relaxing on a beach/snorkelling with a few days exploring the area, the kids get a bit bored of that now but love snorkelling and I'm thinking they might like to try watersports- water skiing, windsurfing etc.
I'm thinking Greece or Greek island, self catering with private pool, nearby taverna's, not too touristy. Has anyone been anywhere that fits the bill? Would love to hear your teen holiday experiences!

goingbonkers123 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:19:23

I've done two neilson holidays - they're great but a bit pricey- you get all food bar a couple of evening meals. And all activities too it's awesome.

I've only done Turkey but they have beachclubs in Greece. We looked at their Sivota beach club which looked great.

Ricekrispie22 Sat 25-Nov-17 08:51:55

Vassiliki is a fantastic town for watersports.

mummymeister Sat 25-Nov-17 10:24:49

Been to vassiliki too with ocean elements for a watersports holiday. a week was long enough but you could combine it with a week either on another island or doing something different. my teens fav holidays have been Western Canada - Vancouver and the rockies, Crete and most recently we went to Oregon where there is loads of outdoor and active stuff and it was definitely a different place to visit and not touristy. we did also love florida keys and the everglades.

goingbonkers123 Sat 25-Nov-17 16:45:03

If you're after something Greek And not too touristy I think lefkada and area sounds brilliant- sadly I've not been but it looks very nice

specialsubject Tue 28-Nov-17 13:00:45

Vassiliki is a beautiful spot with excellent sailing and windsurfing conditions. That means it is windy. Going there to lie on the beach is not a good idea.

anneyc Sat 02-Dec-17 16:54:04

Thanks for those suggestions- off to check them out....

notacooldad Mon 04-Dec-17 21:16:39

Does it have to be Greece or similar?
When our boys were teenagers they loved Chamonix. So much to do. We used to go in August and they would ice climb, mountain bike, hike, paraglide, hike shelter build and white water rafting. Fantastic place for activities for teenagers.

Ragwort Mon 04-Dec-17 21:18:14

I was just about to say Neilson too - we had a fabulous holiday with teenage DS there last year, can't recommend it highly enough. Pricey in summer holidays though.

TheHeartOfTeFiti Mon 04-Dec-17 22:04:52

Lesvos with neilson nice town close by small enough to let the kids roam.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: