Talk

Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

Anyone been to Fig Tree Bay/Protaras?

(3 Posts)
Letsgetreal Tue 21-Nov-17 22:23:21

Thinking of going to Protaras in Cyprus next summer - specifically Fig Tree Bay - and was wondering if anyone could advise?

What is the area like, would you recommend going there, what to see and do, any tips etc

Going with a 2 year old and 8 year so any help much appreciated.

chipsandpeas Tue 05-Dec-17 21:58:38

i love protaras, the beaches specially fig tree bay are amazing - theres loads of resturants
cant really help with kid stuff, but theres a water park the other side of ayia napa you can get a bus direct from the main strip for about 3 euros each
theres boat trips from the pier at the mcdonalds end of the strip and loads of watersports options

Badbadbunny Sun 10-Dec-17 19:03:56

Fig Tree Bay and Protaras generally is a very good place to holiday. Lovely beaches, watersports, loads of restaurants & shops etc. My only comment would be that its VERY hot in Summer - unbearably hot in July/August, to the extent it's painful to walk on the sand in bare feet. We were there in July a couple of years ago and really wished we were somewhere else as we found it too hot. It was very quiet during the day but heaving at night when it was slightly cooler. We're usually fine with Med Summers, i.e. Greek Islands, Spain, Malta, Italy, etc., but Cyprus is a lot hotter. Fine if you like it very hot!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: