Talk

Advanced search

Canaries in January?

(7 Posts)
MooChops89 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:15:20

Anyone been to the Canaries in January? We are looking to go, wondered about the weather and which island you'd recommend. Is it warm enough to swim?

DropZoneOne Sat 11-Nov-17 22:16:24

It rained when we went to Lanzarote! Was only about 12 degrees. Not sure if we just had bad luck though.

Summerisdone Sat 11-Nov-17 22:31:31

I went to Lanzarote for a fortnight in January this year, and the weather was lovely the entire time.
Never sweltering hot but definitely t-shirt weather, and warm enough to sit around pool in bikini.

MrsJamin Sat 11-Nov-17 22:33:40

I went to fuerteventura late January and it was just lovely, bright sunshine and warm enough to sit on the beach but not to burn or expire of heat.

LostInLeics Sat 11-Nov-17 22:36:34

We went to Lanzarote last January, and although it was warm enough to swim and walk around in summer clothes, it was very windy, particularly in the evenings. You will probably need some warmer layers if you want to sit outside in the evenings.

Branleuse Sat 11-Nov-17 22:37:35

We went to tenerife a few januaries ago and it was between 21 and 23 every day. In fact youd thinknit was our summer if it wasnt for the short days and the sun going down early. The sea was theoretically warm enough to swim in but we were on the northern coast and the sea was incredibly rough. We swam and dived in enormous rock pools that were in the volcanic rock, while massive waves crashed around us. It was brilliant (and a bit scary) That was in the north though. The sea was much calmer in the south but i didnt like south nearly as much as the north

CatAfterCat Wed 15-Nov-17 17:24:54

I've been a few times.
Normally it's warm and sunny enough to sit out in swimwear during the day. Cools down after dark and you need a jacket.
The daylight hours are short.
The sea is the Atlantic so not exactly warm in summer and far too cold for me in winter. Pools also chilly unless heated.
I have had a week of cloudy wet weather in January though. It's by no means guaranteed sunshine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now