Talk

Advanced search

Taking an 8 month old to turkey????

(6 Posts)
StevieG213 Fri 10-Nov-17 21:42:44

Hi, I really want to go to turkey next year and my little one will be 8 months old. I am worried about the 4 hour flight and health care over there. Can anyone put my mind at ease?

Poshindevon Sat 11-Nov-17 00:01:15

You need to have travel insurance it is important.
Health care in Turkey is very good especially in the large cities and resorts. Pharmacists usually speak English and are very helpful (Pharmacy in Turkish is Eczane)
Keep your baby hydrated and put on sun cream.
Turks love children and places are child friendly.
As for the flight nobody loves a screaming child. Try to burn off as much baby energy as you can so baby sleeps.Have a drink for baby for take off and landing so babys ears pop. You can bring baby milk or juice as long as it is declared to security.
I hope you have a lovely holiday.

alsteff Sat 11-Nov-17 00:03:14

Hi,
Not entirely sure about your worries with the flight but if they're what I think distraction is the key! I used to bring out a new toy (anything really) every 30mins or so. Also any kind of sucking helps with the ears, if you're breastfeeding that's the best thing to do or bottle. You just have to ignore the steely stares when s/he does start crying or hand out earplugs! We went to Mark Warner in Eygpt and all of us were ill, it's hard to avoid unless you're really strict with bottled water, jars of baby food etc... I don't regret it though best to travel rather than not!

SooticaTheWitchesCat Sat 11-Nov-17 17:47:26

I first took my daughter to Turkey at 8 weeks, we lived there until she was 18 months.

She went on several flights between the UK and Turkey during this time and it was fine, easier at that age than when they start to walk.

Health care is very good in Turkey, just make sure you have good travel insurance.

Turks are very good with children and will go out of their way to help you with anything you need.

Only drink bottled water, tap water is fine for brushing teeth but has lots of minerals so can upset your baby's tummy.

Where are you planning to go?

StevieG213 Tue 14-Nov-17 14:24:08

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure which part of turkey yet as I am trying to find good flights !! They are all rubbish x

Yazi23 Wed 15-Nov-17 19:16:13

We took ours son at 8 months to Turkey last year. A four hour flight then two hour domestic flight. It was fine, I just prepared for every possible eventuality but he slept for quite a lot of it. Turkish people love kids. It does get very very hot though in July/Aug, worth taking into account.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now