Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a ideal holiday in France...area suggestions please!

(7 Posts)
stocksund13 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:02:29

We have been searching for years (and have yet to find it) for a house to rent for a couple of weeks in the summer with a pool, walking distance to a village for the bakery, driving distance to a lake (I'm get nervous with the DC in the ocean and crowds on the beaches) and some interesting towns/cities to visit within an hour or so.

Any suggestions? Middle to south preferably for near guaranteed sun.

user1485166754 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:42:18

Last year we rented a villa with a pool in Frejus in south of France. It was lovely. Nice beach and rivers nearby, walking distance to beach, restaurants etc. Also not too far to drive to St Tropez, Cannes, Nice and Monte Carlo etc. Try airbnb

Ricekrispie22 Sun 05-Nov-17 17:16:24

www.peyrecaty.com/gite-holiday-in-france/ This has river beaches within 25 minute drive, shared pool, village location and plenty of interesting nearby places to explore and things to do.

stocksund13 Tue 07-Nov-17 11:56:54

Thanks both. I'll look into Frejus, we usually stay a bit further east of it so I know the Cannes, Nice, Monte Carlo area reasonably well.

The gites look good but a bit communal for me. Great for families with younger children but maybe not noisy teens...

frenchfancy Tue 07-Nov-17 14:42:48

What about the Vendee. Inland around Fontenay le Comte. The most sunshine you will get without going to the cote d'Azur. There's lots to do in the area and you are only about half an hour from La Rochelle.

bitofabelly Sat 11-Nov-17 05:30:28

http://m.audetourisme.com/diffusio/en/activities/leisure/carcassonne/cavayere-lake_TFOLOILAR011V503DKY.php

Near Carcasonne....fab area

midsomermurderess Thu 16-Nov-17 21:22:47

Perhaps the Jura in south eastern France. It has many, many lakes and marvellous food, including some fabulous cheese.Besancon is a lovely city.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now