Talk

Advanced search

Cannes

(5 Posts)
SardineJam Sun 29-Oct-17 12:44:21

Have found an amazing deal for flights, 4*hotel and breakfast for 1 week for family of 4, in August for just over £1000. I'm very tempted, but wondering if Cannes is any good? Apart from the film festival I don't know much about it - any insight is appreciated

bananafanana1 Sun 29-Oct-17 13:45:21

I wouldn’t advise it. We went to Cannes about 4 years ago. It was very dull - focused on the expo crowd, tacky restaurants etc. The old town was nice but nothing to write home about. I wouldn’t go again.

Nice is just up the road and is so much lovelier for a break, nice restaurants and lovely places to potter around.

If you do stay in Cannes the bus services run all up and down the coast for a couple of Euro.

SardineJam Sun 29-Oct-17 13:48:36

For me, what's important is having a pool to swim in and a beach to relax on so I'm not looking for an activity heavy break but want to ensure there us enough for the kids (will be 6 and 9)

Ricekrispie22 Sun 29-Oct-17 14:05:58

I looked into it once for a family holiday but couldn't find enough to do, so didn't go.

mirmc Sun 29-Oct-17 14:57:42

Book it!!! And can you please let me know the link? I can't believe anyone could say there was nothing to do in the South of France!!!! Nice, Monaco, St Paul de Vence, Antibes, Monte Carlo, museums, art galleries, boat trips, markets, fab restaurants, beautiful food and wine, gorgeous beches and amazing weather! Go! Go! Go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now