Talk

Advanced search

Neilson holidays - what's the weather like at October half term ?

(11 Posts)
rookiemere Fri 27-Oct-17 12:59:49

So we have the Scottish holidays second week of October. Looking at going on one of the Neilson beach-club holidays, but I'm a bit worried that it won't be that warm then. The destinations that are available are Greek islands or Sardinia.
Anyone been there then and can advise ?

mummymeister Fri 27-Oct-17 13:50:32

go onto the website called accuweather. type in the destinations that you are looking at. click on 2016 and November. it will give you a temperature run down day by day.

we always use this site for good info on places that we are visiting.

rookiemere Fri 27-Oct-17 13:55:43

Thanks mummymeister - I've already googled what the temperatures are like at that time of year and as it looks to be around 18 degrees, that feels too cold for an outdoor holiday, so I wanted to check from those who have been then to see if it's as bad as I think it would be.

AlannaOfTrebond Fri 27-Oct-17 14:02:58

Greece is getting fairly cool by that time of year. It is generally warm and sunny during the day, but t shirt rather than swimming or sunbathing weather. Evenings, you will definitely need trousers and a warm top.

Personally I wouldn't fancy a beach activity holiday at that time of year, but it is great for the land based activities like mountain biking. That said I used to work in a beach club in Greece and we were always full during that week and people seemed to enjoy themselves.

rookiemere Fri 27-Oct-17 14:05:30

Thanks Alanna - that's what I thought around the weather. We tend not to go somewhere hot in the summer because it's too hot for us, so we do want a reasonable dose of sun if we go away in October.
Back to the drawing board I think.

rhodes2015 Fri 27-Oct-17 14:18:19

I follow the meldrums on YouTube, they seem to use neilson (probs get it free or lots of £ off for vlogging while they are there, they also live in Scotland) and they have Just come back from the Greek one I think, weather looked beautiful!

BarbaraofSevillle Fri 27-Oct-17 14:20:39

We usually holiday in the first week in October and it is lovely and hot (mid 20s) in the daytime and sometimes a bit cooler at night so a jacket is needed in the evening, so would have thought it would be similar weather a week later.

There is the chance of rain but it is not usually short lived (rained for one hour in a week this year, none at all last year, although sea was rough on one day).

It's usually a really nice time of year to holiday in the Med (July, August and most of September too hot for most people, especially those used to a Scottish climate).

BarbaraofSevillle Fri 27-Oct-17 14:21:46

That was in the Med (Spain or Malta, but I would assume that the weather is as warm if not warmer in Greece).

Canaries are a little more reliably hot at that time of year, but don't know if they have a Neilson.

rookiemere Fri 27-Oct-17 14:28:48

Canaries is our usual port of call in October, but no Neilsons there unfortunately.

emma123456 Wed 08-Nov-17 09:53:00

We are just back from The Retreat in Sivota. We arrived 21/10 and woke up to thunder and lightening on 22/10 which lasted all day. Asides from that, the weather was pretty good. It was warm enough to sunbathe but not too hot to play tennis. The pool was freezing though. It was cold at night, definitely jeans and a fleece temperatures. We loved it though!

rookiemere Wed 08-Nov-17 15:18:37

Thanks emma sounds like a great holiday.
We’d also need to cost in transport down to London so I’m trying to figure out if it’s worthwhile as it does sound good but it would be reasonably pricey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now